Author Topic: Yard  (Read 25733 times)

lighter

Re: Yard
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2023, 10:05:21 AM »
Truthfully, I don't have that urge for male company, Hops.

I enjoy the company of DD's friends..... am happily training one in basic punching/footwork..... asked a different one to put together my vacuum and a Halloween prop yesterday...... I think that, and working with the contractor, has me topped off.

Honestly, the contractor and I spend so much time together, it feels like we're work husband and wife. 

I didn't tell you guys, but we had a very weird night where his helper pulled out without notice on an upcoming job.  Contractor drank a few glasses of wine around the fire pit ..... I just sat there and listened to him go round, verbally stating what sounded like internal dialogue and SHOULD have stayed internal. 

The gist was....... his wife, his faithfulness and the fact he and I were never going to have sex,
 though we had plenty of opportunity, was a fact in his life.....
and he was just looking ahead and I was being speechless, watching him babble......
then he looked at me, assumed I was...... maybe dissapointed?  Or...... hurt, bc........  he looked dead at me and said....
"not that you aren't attractive.  YOU ARE.  It's just that I'm a faithful man and I'm going to write my wife love letters and send them from here."

Then he was quiet for a few beats, announced he was going to lie down and marched off the porch, thanks be to Jesus.

I'd had a really bad day, so I felt a combination of nausea and admiration.

Was he wildly innapropriate?  Why, yes.... yes he was. 

Has he brought it up again?  No....he has not, though he did ask for a stamp to mail the first love letter.

I think he's a little horrified, and I get along super well with his wife and MIL.  Better than I get along with  him.  He's got some work to do and has appointments set with my amazing Therapist.  Lucky duck. 

I know this..... i won't be speechless if he has a moment again.  And it's an amazing, calm, kind knowing I'll put an end to foolishness I don't have to endure, bc I can end it. 

Lighter

lighter

« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2023, 10:25:34 AM »
This year we're decorating the double garage permieter...... I picked up a huge bolt of thick black fabric for 10,00 at a HUGE ReStore out of town while uninstalling a dishwasher I wanted.  I'm running electric cords today and anticipating rain Tues. 

We went to get DD fangs at one of those pop up stores and got jump scared twice by animatronics.  DD said those are cheap scares.... ours are going to be real scares delivered by real monsters.... us!

I'm expecting help to set up today.  Sister arriving this evening.  We'll have at least 11 people manning this thing and lots of dark hidey holes to pop out of!

Lighter

lighter

« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2023, 01:25:29 PM »
Halloween was super successful with my cousin and her dh joining in.  My cousin was an adorable clown..... not scary.... did a cute little growl when popping out from amazing hidy holes which startled.  Her dh sat at the entrance and pointed people into the scary circus tent intrance...... in full makeup and costume, which he said he wouldn't particupate in, but did.  SO MUCH FUN!!  So scary.  Lots of places to hide and scare from.... I got to sit in the tent THEN move to the exit while trick or treaters were busy in mid garage.  It was SO GOOD. 

One car is back in the garage for winter and another will be in when youngest dd finishes with finals and her bed is put in place.  The bed is in pieces, painted and ready to go.

The yard has a baby Hemlock planted between retired nurse's yard and mine. It lived on the porch for 3 years, growing strong and healthy.   I have 12 more growing on the porch and in the nearby wood, waiting, roots cut at drip lines, treated for wooly adelgid, readying for early Spring transplanting to my yard bringing Hemlocks to 42 around the perimeter of the yard for evergreen privacy.

I've allowed some baby Maple trees to grow, as well.  Will decide which stay next year.

The is almost gone from the front yard, which was the plan.  The back and side yards are still mostly moss and that might go more natural.... will see. 

putting up wreaths then getting on the road..  We'll buy a fresh Christmas tree once DD is done with finals.  The farmer's market has TONS of live trees with root balls, which look good to me.   

I might take the largest and very perfect Hemlock from the woods as a Christmas tree.... maybe.  Not sure, but it would have to live and I don't have a pot big enough to keep it right now.  If I can find a pot...... if I think I can keep it safe and heathy..... that might work out.

Lighter

lighter

« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2024, 03:46:50 PM »
Sis and I transplanted maybe 8 Hemlocks and assorted other things recently.  We're planting extensions to the existing Hemlock privacy groves, I guess I'd call them.

Will walk the pug in the rain then do some interior editing. 

Eating healthier , digging, fetching and planting has me sore, but feeling strong.

Lighter
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 04:01:10 PM by lighter »

lighter

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2024, 04:30:06 PM »
We have tons of Trillium in the forest..... it really is 500 acres, not 300.  Crazy how many Trillium and different types growing in different areas.  And bulbs.  And ferns.  Lots of Fairy Houses.... more and more every week.  More little treasures and gnomes and cherished crystals left by anonymous others.  Very interesting and enjoyable. 

A neighbor, Mama K, has 4 little girls (oldest is pre-schooler, E) is happy to allow the older 2 to participate in the fairy houses.  I'm looking forward to halloween and Christmas..... there's a perfectly dead grove of hemlocks for the halloween houses.  Might put the Christmas houses in K's back yard or at the trail head.  Will see.  It's a joyful thing to plan.

Lighter