Author Topic: What's New for 2020?  (Read 1898 times)

Twoapenny

Re: What's New for 2020?
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2020, 01:06:50 PM »
Don't forget music....
and dancing: )

There'll be dancing tomorrow, Lighter!  Dance Church are live streaming so everyone can join in from home :)  Lol xx

lighter

« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
When I read your thread, Tupp....

it feels like the air thins out and cools down....

in my lungs. 

Fresh and joyful and new.

How did dance church go?

Lighter

Twoapenny

« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »
When I read your thread, Tupp....

it feels like the air thins out and cools down....

in my lungs. 

Fresh and joyful and new.

How did dance church go?

Lighter

I got distracted by something I was doing with son so it was postponed, I'm sorting food and working out what we can make, what we need, what's in the freezer and so on.  I'm trying to get a good balance between making sure we've got enough and I don't need to go out to often and not having stuff in that won't get used up.  But then there will be dancing.  I am finding it hard to ground myself right now.  I cleaned my 'alter' this morning.  I have things on it that mean something to me - an ornament I bought on a day trip out with a friend, pictures of son and myself on days out, baby pictures of son.  So squooshy and tiny and chubby cheeked with his little babygros.  A vase a friend gave me, an oil burner that I bought myself as an act of self care so that I can inhale lovely scents when I do yoga, my incense burners because I love incense and I burn it as often as I can.  So I've cleaned it all and I'm glancing over at it, it just helps me focus on what's important to me and keep me from ruminating.  I think I'm picking up on everyone's anxieties and problems at the minute so I'm limiting internet time and I never watch or listen to the news anyway so I can avoid it as much as possible x

Hopalong

« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
Good for you, (((((Tupp))))).

I think grounding is something that is there like earth and gravity, and sometimes we lose track a little and then get it back. You've been doing an amazing job, creative as always. I would love to enjoy your squeaky-clean home with the scent of incense. Is there any puttering in the dirt you could do in the garden? Does garden mean a patch of earth in front of your place, or is it out back? Does it get any sun?

I woke up today thinking: enjoy your home and love your friends. I just kept thinking it. Maybe it represented the same thing...reminding myself to be present, enjoy the moment, enjoy love, and try not to pick up on all the anxiety in the air.

I don't often think of it but the famous prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr also occurred to me, which have always struck me as wonderful even though I'm not a believer:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Big hugs, you're not alone...and I am so happy you're here.

Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »
I'm happy to have you here too, Tupp. 

I loved reading about your alter.... I can almost smell the essential oils.... I took a bath with an orange-scented candle in the bathroom. 

Little things bring pleasure if we find the focus.

Lighter 

Twoapenny

« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2020, 02:56:32 AM »
Good for you, (((((Tupp))))).

I think grounding is something that is there like earth and gravity, and sometimes we lose track a little and then get it back. You've been doing an amazing job, creative as always. I would love to enjoy your squeaky-clean home with the scent of incense. Is there any puttering in the dirt you could do in the garden? Does garden mean a patch of earth in front of your place, or is it out back? Does it get any sun?

I woke up today thinking: enjoy your home and love your friends. I just kept thinking it. Maybe it represented the same thing...reminding myself to be present, enjoy the moment, enjoy love, and try not to pick up on all the anxiety in the air.

I don't often think of it but the famous prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr also occurred to me, which have always struck me as wonderful even though I'm not a believer:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Big hugs, you're not alone...and I am so happy you're here.

Hops

Thanks, Hops.  I'm happy to be here with all of you.  So grateful and fortunate to have you all in my life.  My Nan used to have that prayer on the wall in her home.  The cannabis community have adapted it to:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And weed to know the difference

Lol.  She would not have approved!  Always makes me smile, though :) xx

Twoapenny

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2020, 02:58:55 AM »
I'm happy to have you here too, Tupp. 

I loved reading about your alter.... I can almost smell the essential oils.... I took a bath with an orange-scented candle in the bathroom. 

Little things bring pleasure if we find the focus.

Lighter

An orange scented bath sounds heavenly, Lighter!  I lit mine up with candles last night.  I've got little fairy lights around the window and then lots of little tea light candles, including one that hangs inside a heart shaped holder, so the little love hearts reflect all across the wall.  It's really cute.  I put epsom salts in and lavender oil and was lying there last night thinking how lucky I was to have all this hot water to soak in and to be safe inside my home.  So important to be grateful for what we have.  Although I now want to get some orange scented candles.  Lol xx

lighter

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »
I'm appreciating every drop of water I run, Tupp. 

Every lovely bath.

Every lovely candle and scented oil... and Epson salts too.

I have peppermint soaps....  I'm not the flowery scented type.  Give me citrus and medicinal please: )

Lighter 

Twoapenny

« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2020, 03:15:05 PM »
I'm appreciating every drop of water I run, Tupp. 

Every lovely bath.

Every lovely candle and scented oil... and Epson salts too.

I have peppermint soaps....  I'm not the flowery scented type.  Give me citrus and medicinal please: )

Lighter

Lighter, although it's still cold here, it was so sunny this afternoon that I did yoga in front of the window, in a vest top, with wave music on in the background so I could pretend I was at the beach :)  Lol xx

lighter

« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2020, 08:49:11 PM »
I could feel the waves and smell the ocean reading your post, Tupp. 

I guess I'll head for the bathtub on that note: )

Lighter

Twoapenny

« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:34 AM »
Well apart from a blocked toilet causing a panic this morning (apparently people have been flushing all sorts of things they shouldn't have been due to the loo roll shortage so the sewers are getting blocked - I had visions of half the country's waste coming up through our bathroom) we are having a really nice time!  To have the choice  of what to do and when to do it is a luxury that I don't think I've ever encountered in my life.  Even as children we were always controlled by school routines and parents work schedules so, other than rare moments on holiday, I have always had something to do and a time to do it by.  And not having that is suddenly just the nicest thing.  I've watched a tutorial on 3D computer designs this morning, cleaned and rearranged the sitting room, done all the laundry and caught up on emails - all at a slow pace with the sun coming through the window and music in the background.  The plan for this afternoon is to plan and cook ahead with food - I've offered to add to our order for a couple of people who still can't get a delivery slot and who want to avoid the supermarket, and to clean the kitchen.  If the weather holds, I'll cut the grass later and tidy the back garden.

Hopalong

« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2020, 08:33:29 AM »
I love the image of doing simple productive things, at your own pace, with music and sunlight, Tupp.  What a contrast to frenetic survival. I'm so glad ... it's as though ironically, quarantine is a welcoming respite. I get it.

And here's to avoiding supermarkets, for the duration.

I'm glad you have a back yard, too. Even small puttering in dirt can bring happiness. Growing a couple flowers or herbs in a pot. Any old pot, plastic jug, whatever. Doesn't matter when you can see beauty.

I am "ready" to garden again. One thing during my depressed springs was, I never stopped composting. I don't turn or work the pile, just add to it, and let nature water. So though it's super sloooow, it's there. Mostly leaves, tea bags minus the tags, produce trimmings. I forgot to do toilet roll cores but will start tearing them up and adding them too. Makes me happy to take my kitchen bowl of scraps out there once a week. No oils or animal anything keeps it clear of visitors.

"Here, earth. I'm a lazy, crap gardener but I give you this."

hugs,
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2020, 02:36:28 PM »
Tupp:

I'm so sorry the toilets and sewers are backing up, but glad you're finding joy.  You really deserve some joy.

Hops:  I don't compost bc of the bears.... just feels like calling them into the yard  to me then the pug ONLY wants to go to that spot... she goes to the neighbor's compost piles if she's off leash.  I do have some azaleas to plant and a couple trees.  I'd like to get a garden in.... will see about trading things for seedlings neighbors started a while back.

Lighter

Having fresh basil and other herbs will be comforting.  I tried to save the potted porch plants in the crawl space. It's time to see how they're doing... what comes back or not.

Lighter

Twoapenny

« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2020, 02:55:56 PM »
I love the image of doing simple productive things, at your own pace, with music and sunlight, Tupp.  What a contrast to frenetic survival. I'm so glad ... it's as though ironically, quarantine is a welcoming respite. I get it.

And here's to avoiding supermarkets, for the duration.

I'm glad you have a back yard, too. Even small puttering in dirt can bring happiness. Growing a couple flowers or herbs in a pot. Any old pot, plastic jug, whatever. Doesn't matter when you can see beauty.

I am "ready" to garden again. One thing during my depressed springs was, I never stopped composting. I don't turn or work the pile, just add to it, and let nature water. So though it's super sloooow, it's there. Mostly leaves, tea bags minus the tags, produce trimmings. I forgot to do toilet roll cores but will start tearing them up and adding them too. Makes me happy to take my kitchen bowl of scraps out there once a week. No oils or animal anything keeps it clear of visitors.

"Here, earth. I'm a lazy, crap gardener but I give you this."

hugs,
Hops

'A contrast to frenetic survival' is exactly, it, Hops.  There's been no boredom here, we both have plenty to do and are enjoying getting on with what we want to without any external pressure.  I didn't do any more work in the end, I made a stock out of the chicken carcass from dinner on Wednesday and used that to make a nice soup with carrots, onion and garlic.  I had that for lunch, then had a nap, then watched a film.  Dinner's cooking now and even though I've done so little today, relatively speaking, we've eaten nice meals, I've got food ready for the weekend (just double checked the freezer and there's plenty), the house is cleaner and tidier than it usually would be and I feel so much calmer.  It's lovely.

I think low maintenance compost is a great idea, Hops!  Yes, just pottering about outside is a good tonic.  We're very lucky that we've got our little yard to mooch about in xx

lighter

« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2020, 03:15:01 PM »
I love making soups and stocks, Tupp.  It's very comforting.

::nodding::

Lighter