Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board / Re: Checking In
« Last post by Hopalong on May 15, 2024, 01:40:14 PM »
Glad you are back in the present, (((((Tupp))))). Brava, you.

I'll bet spring in Scotland is amazing. I'm picturing heather, lambs on hillsides, fresh breezes (coastal?) and people with roses in their cheeks.

Hugs
Hops
Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board / Re: Captain's Log - 2024
« Last post by lighter on May 14, 2024, 04:45:33 PM »

(tiny chant)
::burn his stuff....::

I'm all for B moving full time to the farm.  Finally🪺
Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board / Re: Captain's Log - 2024
« Last post by sKePTiKal on May 14, 2024, 09:28:25 AM »
Lighter - I had to laugh at the "burn his stuff" chant. My inclination is to vigorously join in! But, one of the contractor crews that built her hut will at least come get S's old car (that he started to work on & gave it up; not running). Greenhouse is finally closed in thanks to help from a couple friends last week.

Hops - "the power of no" is spot on! I can see her beginning to master this finally. Of course she signed up for a couple dating apps... met one local guy she's actually talking to and may meet up with. They have some things in common - he has a sailboat, that's a liveaboard; but he's taking a year off to help out his mom. This one is at least new friend material, but there might be some chemistry there too. He's a little older than her, but that's GOOD.

Then, I watched the whole story of a new guy trying to chat her up. Guy around S's age - 5 years younger than her. He obviously thought he was god's gift to women, and was clearly only interested in one thing. Didn't care to know anything at all about her... and thought he was so impressive she would swoon under his charms. Her last message before blocking him was "good luck & goodbye". All in the space of a couple hours. So I feel assured she isn't going to repeat her previous mistakes. She visited an old friend at her GF's house on Sunday; going camping/rafting with her core buddies in a couple weeks too.

She has tried to continue communicating with S - with the same results. So resignation and acceptance is settling into her mindset. If what he says is true, he needs a period of intense therapy. Otherwise, it sounds like a convenient, inarguable excuse. Either way - it ISN'T possible (and HASN'T BEEN) to have a relationship with someone like that. Much less, trust that her needs will recognized and met. So, she is looking out for and protecting herself. Current contractor projects will make her life 100% easier; more peace of mind.

B & I took a short road trip over the weekend. I drove since I knew the ins/outs of the route and even just driving was a welcome break for me. There were some less than pleasant aspects to the trip - but we're no worse for wear. He's a good road trip buddy, even when just riding shotgun. I was reminded how much out of step I am, in cities now. It's an alien environment for both of us and neither of us relax while there. But the drive is my old route north back "home" and to the shop in MI. So he got to see the mountain part of that trip.

When we got back I came out & sat on the porch in the dark and could just feel this place wrapping it's welcoming protection and care around me again. There's just such good energy here and while it's hard physical work caring for the place - our philosophy is less "making it so" and stewardship instead.

Studio project is demoted to less pressing right now. Both Hol & I need to plant (weather still isn't very good for it) and she has the two support projects going on at her place. But she got the pale pink on the walls and the ceiling done; still has one more patch to deal with over new windows. The color is WAYYY better than I hoped it would be; depending on the light it shifts peachy, instead of rose. And it's pale enough that it's just a hint of color that's cozy; not a statement... so functioning as a neutral. Still have trim to cut & put up and painting trim is next step. Going to clear out a lot of the cardboard & trash; and start putting things against walls again. Then we're on to plumbing and mini-kitchen cabinets. Bathroom will be last.

I have to re-order the bar that was damaged in shipping and get a vanity ordered. B has work to do in the garage downstairs... with help from both of us. Then he can get another workspace for himself set up... and we can decide which tools we're going to keep/sell... making more space in there. I *think* B will be able to get completely moved by this fall. TBD.
Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board / Re: Checking In
« Last post by Twoapenny on May 13, 2024, 10:59:48 AM »
Thanks, both :)  Do you know the funniest thing is, I haven't thought about it again.  Any of it.  It's like it just magicked away.  The paperwork will need to be shredded, I think that's safest.  There are companies that do it but I quite like the idea of doing it myself.  But I don't feel any need or desire to deal with it just now, it doesn't feel like a pressing or important job.
My mum's current saga is following its usual pattern of escalation, isn't it funny how the pattern is always the same?  But she can't see it.  And it looks like no-one is giving her the response she needs to carry on in her usual way, I think she's genuinely worn everyone out now.  I almost feel sorry for her; your long trusted coping mechanism (however destructive it may be) not working during what is probably genuinely the most difficult time is hard, we've all been there.  And in some ways I'm very glad I've learnt some of the hard lessons I have earlier on in life, I wouldn't like to have to face reality for the first time in my 80's.  But I honestly don't feel any need to rescue, analyse, ponder, I've almost not thought about her.  Not quite, but very nearly, and she's a whisper of a thought in my head instead of the bloody freight train she usually becomes.  Interestingly I've been less anxious in general.  Some of my anxiety based habits have lessened, not to the point of not being there at all but they've dropped from hard to resist compulsions to feelings of wanting that can be ignored.

So that's where we're at.  The paperwork is done, son's document is almost there, needs a few tweaks and some double checking in places but it's nearly finished.  Son has embarked on a huge clear out of toys, books, games, clothes and anything else that's been shored up in his room for many years.  We're selling what we can, giving away what isn't worth selling and keeping a track of the money coming in so he can see the money for his next adventure adding up :) Going away camping soon and then hopefully away at least one weekend a month throughout the summer.  The cat doesn't like being left and I feel mean taking him to the cattery but when we left him at home with a neighbour popping in we came home to a forest of dead mice upstairs and that was a grim task after a long car journey!  The house is looking good, the garden's looking good, the weather's nice.  Honestly feel like we haven't got a huge cloud hanging over us for the first time in a very long time and it's a good feeling :)
Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board / Re: PUP
« Last post by Hopalong on May 10, 2024, 03:53:20 PM »
Well, they may not exist...not sure what her problem is. She talked about given and will-be-needed shots in an email. I'd just like the paper trail to give our vet.
Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board / Re: Yard
« Last post by lighter on May 10, 2024, 02:38:17 PM »
The 3 little toe heads selected what appears to be an animal trail to a creek as our new fairy house building site.  We placed a pre built bark house by the water, under an arched Hemlock branch.  The other 2 houses start at the mailing trail and sort of lead to the 3rd house. 

Emma wants to build on the creek bank and that requires some stone foundations ... I'm all for it!

I already have little Halloween and Christmas decorations and fairies ready to move in!!

Lighter
« Last post by lighter on May 10, 2024, 02:27:35 PM »
Keep asking, Hops.  Don't ask, don't get.
You know you're over the little things if you're prepared to admit to being any negative thing any neighbor calls you, then add some stuff on top. That's where I'm at, yup yup yup.

I just installed a big wide shelf, with aluminum siding behind, blocking the nurse's view of my porch, and my view of her front yard (till those newly planted baby Hemlocks grow.)

Lots ya of storage space for pinecones, bark, twigs and lichen....the basic building blocks of good gnome/fairy homes everywhere.

It's absolutely gorgeous out today!  Will figure out something marvelous to do outdoors.

Lighter

« Last post by Hopalong on May 10, 2024, 02:03:11 PM »
The rescue lady estimates he'll top out around 10 lbs.
Could be, though that may be as reliable as her description of him as "mostly housetrained." HAH.

But she heard how important the weight was to me, and may have told me what I wanted to hear. He won't be really big, and smaller than Pooch, I'll wager.

She also hasn't produced written medical records, which irks me. I've asked twice.

Hugs
Hops
« Last post by lighter on May 10, 2024, 12:54:07 PM »
So. Tiny!  Three or four pounds is so small! 

Sounds like love to me, Hops.

Hope you heal up and feel better quick.

Lighter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10