Author Topic: Hobug  (Read 7731 times)

sKePTiKal

Re: Hobug
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »
uh..... 'scuse me...... (mumble mumble)..... can I butt in here, a minute?

Sea, you said the price of love is steep. Granted, that taking the risk to love makes us vulnerable to being hurt so badly we curl up into ourselves like turtles into a shell... and we'd just as soon stay there & never take that risk again...

... but if we can shift the emphasis or focus just a bit - we can also propose (a what if) that taking the risk to love doesn't cost a thing and that the loving itself, is it's own reward. It's only when there is an expectation or desire for reciprocity or a condition set on the love... that we hurt. At least, that's the understanding of it that I've learned - through my own grief-history and through grieving my MIL. [and YES; there are primary relationships that we naturally expect to have reciprocity of this feeling in....]

It's like, if we can center and ground ourselves in the love itself - the feeling permeates us - we are a channel for it and also benefit from it. No matter the response from the target of the love, you know? We can send love to those we love - even without asking for a return; sort of like sending Reiki "white light" energy... and we also experience the love we are sending. It feels like the balm of comfort.....

Maybe I'm just wacked out crazy, but to me love is one of the universal energies - just like gravity or electromagnetism. It's all around us, all the time - like our atmosphere.... and oh yeah, all the other things too; some not nearly so pleasant. We can tune our hearts & minds to "seek" for that love wavelength of energy spectrum... and when we find it... relax into it. Our private little love-heart chakra or whatever. I don't know what to call it, really.

And sometimes, in this place - we wail and cry and grieve, only to purge ourselves of what is keeping us from hearing and feeling that love-energy. Turtle shells don't let us connect to that energy, I've found.

Now, if I can figure out how to do this... while going about all the other things I do all the time (emotional multi-tasking???)... and not losing the "frequency" to static and interference... well, I'll let you know!!   :)   

I for one, am grateful for all the "momming" that gets done here - for me personally, and I also benefit from the "momming" we do for each other, too. It feels good.
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

Hopalong

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »
Thought I'd look up my older threads on holidays and it was so meaningful to read this one. Ten years ago!

SO much to be grateful for this year and part of it is knowing that life moves forward and we're still here.

Whatever form your happiness may take this week and for the rest of the year, may it leaves good seeds in its wake.

Hope all that brings hope and splashes of joy, small or large, will come to all of you, and more than once.

Much love,
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

Twoapenny

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2020, 01:49:35 AM »
Wow, Hops, I went back to the beginning of this, I will have to re-read it all as only did the first page but aw, it was nice to see Izzy, and I was amazed to see myself on here - I've been on here ten years??!!  Genuinely would not have thought it was that long, how amazing.  Yes, I am eternally grateful to have this space and all of you.

Happiness for me was sneaking out early this morning with sweets for the neighbours' kids and leaving them on the doorsteps for them, followed by a long walk in almost absolute silence.  Very little traffic, the air is really crisp, the stars were out and I could hear the birds singing.  That was lovely.  Pressies are wrapped, son is currently asleep in bed and yesterday my phone was delivered - I have finally entered the age of the smart phone (second hand, of course, but I want to work out how to use it so that I can check apps for son and then see whether trying to convince him to put them on his own phone is a good idea).  Son, bless him, has told me he'll show me how to download stress relieving games and teach me how to play them so that I don't get stressed all the time :)  I try to hide it but it obviously shows!