Author Topic: Tonsil Stones  (Read 548 times)

lighter

Tonsil Stones
« on: September 18, 2022, 04:42:28 PM »
Does anyone have experience with tonsil stones and enough inflammation around them to create pain in the neck, jaw and ear... face and head?

One of my dd's has always had them. One dd has never had one tonsil stone. 

For 2 days one tonsil has been painful and dd extracted white and grayish stones from a place she always has them, but this time there's been pain and upset in another part of that tonsil she's never had stones in.

This morning she got 4 green stones from that spot and I have to assume they're green bc of infection.  If it was the chlorophyll, she takes daily, then all the stones would be green, IMO.

DD gargled with warm salt water and started drinking ginger tea with tumeric and raw honey..... I wanted her to use the xylitol nose drops, but she's drawn a line.

She gargled with peroxide, but that didn't go well and she'll never do that again, but the salt water isn't too bad. She says she'll use that as many times a day as she can remember.  She said they hurt her adenoids.

Anyone have some input on this.  DD is afraid she's heading to having her tonsils taken out. I think the change in the weather and food allergies are more involved than not.

Lighter

Hopalong

Re: Tonsil Stones
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 10:47:37 PM »
Yoicks.
Were they my tonsils, I'd be relieved to have them removed.
But you know my confidence in good allopathic physicians; prolly not helpful for you.
Recurring infections are very hard on body systems.

This mght help I hope [removed simplistic link, this one's excellent]:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK564983/

So sorry she's going through this, Lighter. I've never heard of tonsil stones!
Good luck to you both.

hugs
Hops
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:53:45 PM by Hopalong »
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

Re: Tonsil Stones
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 12:46:38 PM »
Thanks for the response, Hops.

DD doesn't have a lot of trouble with her tonsils and salt water rinses have resolved the issue.  I don't think she'll have to have anything removed in there..... her tonsils are very small, always.  I have to say, Ive experienced a lot of things my parents never dealt with.... though my brother had HUGE angry tonsils, I don't remember anything about tonsil stones. 

Lighter