Author Topic: 2022 Frozen Tundra Farm Report  (Read 10278 times)

lighter

Re: 2022 Frozen Tundra Farm Report
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2022, 03:39:27 PM »
How's it going, Amber?

What has to happen leading up to surgery?

Does B have to sign a POA or something, just in case something doesn't go well?  DO you have decision making power while he's not capable of making deicisions?

You, as always, don't have to answer, but I've been through enough of these rodeos to understand an inch of proactivity can save one from miles of red tape and frutrating trouble best avoided.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2022, 10:28:43 AM »
Well, so far so good Lighter. Yesterday was a couple of tests the surgeon wanted; those were local. We were able to accomodate the change in location for the surgery... thanks to Hol's availability to drive. While it was upsetting to process that change at the last minute practically speaking, we did it. So, there's a few things to keep us occupied till we have to sleep early, to be awake at the crack o' dawn to join the commuter rush hour Friday morning. Hol is the "wheelman" any time there is city driving to be done - because my old irrational fear of getting lost is BASED on getting lost in cities. Drop me out in the wilderness and I'll find my way home, every time.

Going to plant some bluebells Buck brought - out in the woods, pot enough aloe to start an aloe farm, plant the flowers & herbs I have started and maybe weed my kitchen bed. Danged deer ate the flowers off my valerian! The stalk was 4 ft tall.
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

lighter

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »
Plant away, my dear and remember you can't control everything.  You're the sky.... the location shifts, the driving and the deer munching your valerian flowers are the clouds and storms. 

Maybe consider getting a hotel room Thursday night, so you're near the surgery center, to take some of the stress out of this? 

I'm glad Hol is available to help: )

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2022, 07:51:36 AM »
So, our driver bailed on us, due to an objection from S. So we're leaving today and spending the night on the VA side of the Potomac. That way, no worries about rush hour traffic in the morning; we'll only be a few miles from the surgi-center. Much to put in order this morning, so I'll leave it there for now.

Hopalong

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2022, 09:43:15 AM »
That's smart, Amber.

I believe you'll be just fine.
Take your time, breathe, and stop often as you feel like to reassure yourself you're on track.

Anyway, you don't need my advice -- GOOD LUCK, BUCK!

hugs and comfort--
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2022, 04:26:56 PM »
Oh, dear.... S scuttled Hol's offer to drive you guys?

Sounds irrational and unreasonable..... a tad ungenerous, but what do I know?

I know you're going to handle this beautifully, problem solve proactively and do your best to keep B calm, safe and well cared for.

Please thank B for his service and tell him we're hoping for the best possible outcome..... his  pain levels reduced, a more normal life restored.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2022, 09:34:13 AM »
Thanks Lighter. Traffic was horrible yesterday, hotel decent & clean, and neither of us slept well - tho I slept long. We are early; way early - LOLOL. We had to go out in search of coffee.

I don't give 2 rat's patooties for S's concerns or druthers. I know Hol felt bad about not driving - but honestly, after seeing how bad traffic was we'd all have been nervous wrecks. It took us 1/2 an hour to go 1.5 miles getting off the highway.

Hopalong

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2022, 01:15:32 PM »
What time's B's procedure?
Will send pink light tsunamis...

(Even if you don't see this in time to say.)

hugs
Hops

lighter

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2022, 03:00:09 PM »
I hope you found good coffee, comfort in being way early and relief about letting Hol off the hook with regard to her offer to do the driving. 

We're here, thinking about you guys.... waiting to hear news with prayer and positive thoughts.

Lighter

lighter

« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2022, 08:11:24 PM »
You OK, Amber:

sKePTiKal

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2022, 09:05:44 PM »
ALL IS WELL!!

Surgery was fast, accurate & the best result (so far) we could hope for. He's doing good. I've fed him good. Follow up is Wed. And then they turn the pump on, if things are still good. He's got an initial shot that he's riding right now. Moving much better. No glitches or hiccups, and I got plenty of kindness too from the staff.

We're both very happy. We're "home" and Hol has company that we enjoy and will spend time with tomorrow. Last night was a bit rough - but I knew it was coming and accomplished what I set out to do. He has his own demons & ghosts. But he's also happy with the results so far.

It is indescribable what a relief this is. We've worked together a year, to make this happen. Traffic was abominable - but I wasn't hollaring "uncle". He's never had anyone with him before. We are happy!!!!! We know life is still hard, but this is an accomplishment we need to celebrate. It's one less thing - hopefully.

lighter

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2022, 10:36:14 PM »
Home, by gosh that was fast.

I'm smiling ear to ear things went well.  Long overdue. 

You're surfing real good, Amber.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
I'd respond but the top 2/3 of my head has fallen off because I wasn't smiling ear to ear but all the way around my skull and it worked like a zipper separating so I've got to feel my way through the house to find the top part and stick it back on with peanut butter and then go sit in the sun so it'll set.

sKePTiKal

« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2022, 12:15:09 PM »
Well, the painkiller wore off about 3 am. It hurts - from the surgery - but his back doesn't hurt yet. He just has to stay "quiet" (for him) until Wednesday.

We're both kinda wrung out tired. But ultimately, I do believe this is going to be worth it. This med group specializes in pain management and spinal care. And comparing the past surgeries, these docs have made smaller incisions and patched him up cleaner; did less additional trauma to surrounding tissue.

Other than knowing he's got a new pump (this one is named Josey) and he has stitches or staples... he's no worse for wear.

lighter

« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »
::still crossing fingers and toes::

That's all good to read, Amber. 

I'll not jinx anything with upbeat banter.... just glad to hear so far, so good.

Lighter