Author Topic: Is It Always N Behavior to Violate Others' Boundaries?  (Read 788205 times)

BonesMS

Re: Is It Always N Behavior to Violate Others' Boundaries?
« Reply #8295 on: September 14, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
OUCH. I'm sorry, Bones.
Hope the rest of the year spares you more pain.

Thank you.
Back Off Bug-A-Loo!

Twoapenny

« Reply #8296 on: September 15, 2020, 04:31:14 AM »
Hi Bonesie, how are you doing?  Have things in your area settled down at all yet?

I think two of the fur babies have moved away; the house I think they lived in looks empty and I've not seen them around for a while.  They were cute, I'll miss them.  There are three now who hang around the tree with the birds in it all the time; they're very cute but quite timid so no cuddles just yet.

Hope you are doing okay xx

I've been laying low as I'm dealing with a rough patch.

A close friend of mine died suddenly and I got hit with another kidney stone.  The year 2020 just SUCKS!

Ah, Bones, I'm sorry to hear that, I think 2020 is going to be a year that many people will be glad to see the back of.  I'm so sorry about your friend, that's hard to deal with.  How do they deal with kidney stones, do you just have to wait for it to go or is there something that helps get rid of them.  I've heard they're very painful.  I hope you're alright, I do think of you often, especially when I see cute cats!  Lots of love xx xx

BonesMS

« Reply #8297 on: September 15, 2020, 06:56:37 AM »
Hi Bonesie, how are you doing?  Have things in your area settled down at all yet?

I think two of the fur babies have moved away; the house I think they lived in looks empty and I've not seen them around for a while.  They were cute, I'll miss them.  There are three now who hang around the tree with the birds in it all the time; they're very cute but quite timid so no cuddles just yet.

Hope you are doing okay xx

I've been laying low as I'm dealing with a rough patch.

A close friend of mine died suddenly and I got hit with another kidney stone.  The year 2020 just SUCKS!

Ah, Bones, I'm sorry to hear that, I think 2020 is going to be a year that many people will be glad to see the back of.  I'm so sorry about your friend, that's hard to deal with.  How do they deal with kidney stones, do you just have to wait for it to go or is there something that helps get rid of them.  I've heard they're very painful.  I hope you're alright, I do think of you often, especially when I see cute cats!  Lots of love xx xx

Thanks.  How kidney stones are dealt with depends on the size of the stone and whether or not it gets stuck.  If it's large enough, it gets treated with lithotripsy.  If it's small enough, they prescribe medication to try to get it to pass on its own.  I'm on the medication right now trying to eject it.  I try to distract myself enjoying other folks' cats while I wait.
Back Off Bug-A-Loo!

lighter

« Reply #8298 on: September 15, 2020, 11:40:14 AM »
Sorry for your loss and for the pain you're dealing with, Bones.

I'm glad you find comfort in the kitties.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #8299 on: September 15, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »
I wrote an article on lithotripsy when it first came into use years ago, Bones.
It seemed like an amazing technology that saved a lot of suffering.

Fingers crossed the pain passes soon, one way or another.

Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #8300 on: September 15, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
My father had lithotripsy and that stone was done and passed in about an hour.

This was many years ago, so it's likely super dialed in by now.

Lighter

Twoapenny

« Reply #8301 on: September 17, 2020, 05:33:51 AM »
Bones, you would love the bus ride through our estate.  When it's sunny, the porch roofs and window ledges are just covered in cats lounging in the sun :)  It's so cute.  My son just called me into his bedroom; there's a tree outside the front of our house and it's branches stretch over and almost touch his window.  When he opened his curtains one of the neighbours cats was sitting on the smallest branch you could imagine, just peering in his room, it was so cute.  I hope the meds help the stone to go, it sounds very unpleasant and waiting for things to happen is always hard.  I hope it goes away soon xx