Author Topic: Yard  (Read 15046 times)

Pseudo Mouse

Re: Yard
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2022, 08:10:43 PM »
Moss centerpieces sound nice.

I made a weird moss sculpture that lasted about one year. Didn't perk up too well after winter. It wasn't really meant to be anything but it ended up looking like boobs because I put stones in the middle of it but really nobody saw it. There is a patch of wild moss in the woods in my neighborhood under one particular tree and I took a couple fistfulls of it, transported it, shaped it into round blobs. I have no idea what sort of moss it is because I didn't check it too closely. Anyhow, weird experiment I guess. It seems to grow on mycelium that grows on rotting wood.

lighter

« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2022, 11:47:32 AM »
I really love putting my hands into the moss and making beautiful things.  There's a wedding venue near me with a Japanese garden theme.  I never drive by it without thinking about making chandaleir and table arrangements for them...... the moss is so beautiful in arragements.

So perfectly simple and energized.

It sounds like you enjoy working with the moss too, Mouse.  You can always put the moss back if it stops looking unhealthy indoors.  Moss grows 4 seasons..... all the time.  Take a little, put it back, get another fistfull of healthy stuff.  Maybe find another rock you love and feels good in your hands to arrange in a container with the moss.

Have you looked for new places to live?

Lighter

Pseudo Mouse

« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2022, 03:26:47 PM »
yep gardening is fun, there are a few types of moss around, down the street there is a big patch of club moss under a tree and the moss itself looks like miniture trees or no maybe it's called Juniper Haircap moss not sure

nope haven't looked yet, I definitely have to start looking at rentals and see what is out there, it's aways a puzzle piece the commute and all that  :) but yeah I just need to get all of this done I will feel better if my life is in order

when I live in the city pretty much a person can commute to a lot of places w/o a car

i've been hoping I don't really have to go back in towards the city though I just don't know yet

I think with this Covid thing there has generally been an exodus from the city areas if people can do that

lighter

« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »
Don't forget to utilize your local message boards and ask about rental spaces coming available or something NOT available, but COULD be available if you state your need.

Check out the area and potential landlords.... roomates carefully.  I've heard a lot of really upsetting stories, Mouse.

About the moss..... take a bit of whatever it's growing on if you intend to pot some up and enjoy it. If it starts going South, put it back where you found it...just stomp it into place...moss likes being stepped on.  Sometimes I'll poke a thin stick or 3 through to pin in place if it's likely to get washed away.

I love the idea of you touching and spritzing moss in your living space, Mouse.  Moss is so happy when it's moist.... so green and perky: )

Lighter