Author Topic: What's New for 2021?  (Read 125011 times)

Phyll

Re: What's New for 2021?
« Reply #1605 on: March 10, 2022, 02:09:07 PM »
This sounds amazing and encouraging!!  You sound positive as well, I cannot wait to hear it is a done deal! You describe everything so well I can picture it in my mind's eye!  Hopefully in 2 weeks you can move out of the nightmare you have been in!

lighter

« Reply #1606 on: March 10, 2022, 04:47:07 PM »
::running around the porch excitedly chantng "get that flat, TUPP!  Get that falt!  Get that flat!::.

So happy to hear from you and happier still to hear hopeful news: )

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1607 on: March 11, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
This sounds positively lovely for you Tupp! I'm doing my happy dance for you!
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

Hopalong

« Reply #1608 on: March 16, 2022, 10:58:32 AM »
Tupp, when you edit your thread title to "2022" I'll take it as a sign.
Well, the heck with signs.

But it'll be the here and the real, whatever it is.

Compadre hugs,
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1609 on: March 22, 2022, 02:12:31 PM »
Any updates Tupp?
Or are you in the midst of making tracks?  :D

Hopalong

« Reply #1610 on: March 22, 2022, 09:08:43 PM »
(((Tupp)))
My heart is aching for you because I'm thinking that this long quiet means you might  not have gotten that nice flat in the Scottish village.

If that's so, I'm with you in spirit, peeing on asshole-neighbor's threshold (oops, sorry, I mean sending out peaceful beatific vibes to counteract his) ... and grieving.

Whatever's happened or not happened, I'm beside the sofa. Not letting you panic alone, just brewing tea.

Missing you. But ready to abide until you feel like breathing again.

God, I hope spring is arriving where you are, and giving you the hope sometimes only nature offers in its seasons.

Big hugs,
Hops

Twoapenny

« Reply #1611 on: March 25, 2022, 06:09:52 AM »
Hi everyone, thank you for the messages and sorry not to have been online.  Truthfully I've been suicidal and son's been in a terrible state as well so things have been/are very difficult.  We're staying at a cheap B and B now while we clear the flat out; the place in Scotland isn't definite but it looks like it's going through and if it doesn't, we're going to go and stay with my sister until we find somewhere else.  We're putting our stuff into storage and still trying to get rid of as much as possible.  It's a lot of work.  We have formally given in our notice, though, which is good and hopefully we'll have a definite answer about the other place next week.  It is nice and sunny which has been a bonus as all of our stuff reeks of cannabis, so I've been driving around with all the windows open trying to get rid of the smell before it gets put away in the lock up.  Kitty cat is staying with us in the B and B and driving around with us in her fancy cat basket which she seems to really like - who knew?

Anyway, that's all for now, sorry not to have been around much and I hope everyone is doing okay xx

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1612 on: March 25, 2022, 08:27:24 AM »
Ohhhh... I'm sorry things got harder Tupp. We do care about ya, in our own ways, ya know. Despite things getting harder, from what you've said (except for your feelings)... you're managing the situation better than a lot of people would.

I understand about trying to clear the worst of that aroma; it makes me as choked up as tobacco does other people. Incense is no help. Fresh air and sunshine might actually work the best.

I'll keep my fingers crossed Scotland comes thru faster than you expect. Blessings, Tupp.

Hopalong

« Reply #1613 on: March 25, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »
((((((Tupp))))), thank you for taking the energy to tell us.
I am so so so sorry you've been in such a dark place.

Please, arrange some help and support for yourself.
You deserve it. DON'T let it go too far. I know it's real.

I had a sense it was getting harder and completely
understand why. Your tank was just absolutely drained
and yet you had to keep going. And you did.

All my hope that the Scotland flat works out, dear.
And it's good to know that your sister offers Plan B.

Please, promise to let us know as things go. That's me
whining about missing your voice and worrying. But I
also know you're doing the absolute best you can.

Much respect and love,
Hops

Hopalong

« Reply #1614 on: March 25, 2022, 11:41:45 PM »
Okay.
PS.
I know.
I'm just an old-lady voice from ACROSS THE FREAKING OCEAN.

But Tupp, please say:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT HAVING SUICIDAL THOUGHTS.

What are you DOING about this?

You know when you're well, that these thoughts don't get to be ignored.
You know that difficult as it may be, you need help and support.

Please share to this worried old auntie, if you will, what you're doing with it.

That's all. It's so hard to be so far away and feel helpless to help.

You should not go through this without some skilled, professional help.

How can you reach out for that?

love to you,
Hops

Twoapenny

« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2022, 03:56:42 AM »
The doctor upped my meds.  As I keep saying, therapy has to be paid for here and I don't have the money.  I'm thousands of pounds in debt now and it's going up daily because I still have to pay rent and bills on the flat we can't live in whilst paying for the B and B we're staying in and paying for the trips to Scotland, plus storage, plus advance rent, bills and deposit on the new place and the cost of moving our stuff up there.  Quite honestly the suicidal thoughts are the least of my problems at the moment.

Hopalong

« Reply #1616 on: March 26, 2022, 07:19:32 AM »
Understood, dear. I hadn't realized you had no mental health treatment available through NHS; had figured your previous T was part of that system. I'm glad the doctor --I hope you do have access to a psychiatrist--was able to increase your Rx and hope they help. (I used to get antidepressants years ago from a general medical doc, nice but not expert in psychiatric drugs.) From a previous training I always take suicidal ideation seriously and ask directly whether anyone is thinking up a plan. I'm sure glad it's not top of mind, dear.

Financial pressure, too. I can imagine. I hope the apartment is yours soon and you can begin to climb out of debt. Maybe that'll take on momentum a little easier there (frugal Scots in all directions). It's been so hard for you and Son.

Back to abiding and hoping the way is soon cleared for you, Tupp. All light.

hugs and much support,
Hops

CB123

• It's never to late to be what you might have been
« Reply #1617 on: March 26, 2022, 10:57:14 AM »
You can do this, Tupp. You are going to look back and see that this is the hardest thing you have ever done, but you will make it to the other side. I know you cant see how this works out, but just keep putting one foot in front of another as I know you are.

I know you know this, but your debt is a problem for another day. We've all been there and then you dig your way out when things get stablilized. Are you approved for the new place in Scotland? Just as soon as you are (and all the background checks have been completed, and papers signed), consider no longer paying your rent in the old place. I had a situation in an old apartment where the maintenance people were coming into my apartment and I told them I was moving out and why and they did not want that in court or publicized. You have plenty on that place to have leverage. But I know you dont want one more battle so put that aside for the time being.

Please let us know when you make your moves to either Scotland or your sister's. You can do this.

CB

When they are older and telling their own children about their grandmother, they will be able to say that she stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way -- and it surely has not -- she adjusted her sails.  Elizabeth Edwards 2010

lighter

« Reply #1618 on: March 27, 2022, 01:39:49 AM »
(((Tupp)))

Sometimes imagining an end to what is.....leads to enough emotional space for what comes next.  Exhaustion sometimes makes it impossible to BE present and remain sane.  I understand and it's ok to imagine the only escape available in dire circumstances, IME. You can't do what you've been doing any more and it's going to be ok.

I hope the Scottish flat works out, dear Tupp.  I really do.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1619 on: April 04, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »
Hey Tupp, any news yet on Scottish flat? I know it's only Monday; and it seems EVERYTHING takes so long these days. Just thought I'd check in.

I hope you're starting to feel better now.