Author Topic: What's New for 2021?  (Read 79666 times)

Hopalong

Re: What's New for 2021?
« Reply #1665 on: January 14, 2022, 10:04:25 AM »
Thanks, Tupp. I am very sorry.

Sounds like you're in the deep retreat one goes into for psychic survival when misery feels that stuck. It will shift; change is inevitable but it's hellish to wait for it.

Omicron may have burned through by the end of Feb.; soon after that spring will bring mercy. Hoping it brings you relief too. Hope there's a T somewhere who can also help.

I'll will be lighting a candle for you and Son tonight at 7pm EST. And thinking of you every day. Post when you can; I do understand being unable to engage for a time.

love,
Hops

[Candle lit. Took a pic but, as ever, can't figure out how to share it. Little tea candle in tiny terracotta bowl. Light away!]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:07:54 PM by Hopalong »
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #1666 on: January 14, 2022, 08:01:55 PM »
Hi, Hops:

My candles lit.... now.  I had a difficult time pulling my thoughts into the positive realm and away from the more punitive realm towards the drug dealer.  Not that I wished him harm.  Or suffering. Or destruction,bc I didn't.

I couldn't get my mind away from putting something concrete between him and our Tupp...... like a wall of Buck and friends...... just something to show the drug dealer how small and fragile he is in the world.... so he could feel how he made Tupp feel... and regret it.  Change,maybe.

So, I've come round and lit my candle. 

As Eleanor Roosevelt said.....
It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. 

Lighter

Phyll

« Reply #1667 on: January 14, 2022, 10:44:13 PM »
Sending positive vibrations Tupp. 

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1668 on: January 15, 2022, 07:49:15 AM »
About that protective image Lighter...

even when a message is painfully delivered, it doesn't necessarily initiate change in the person change is needed from.
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

lighter

« Reply #1669 on: January 15, 2022, 11:06:54 AM »
Pain is the lowest form of compliance, Amber.  I'm sure I didn't mean pain, as in physical pain. 

It's more the idea of being helpless and small and unable to control what happens to us...... that would be impetus.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1670 on: January 15, 2022, 03:34:45 PM »
OK, I guess I misunderstood. But I still know (from experience) that there are some people who simply can't be motivated to change from any outside inputs.

Hopalong

« Reply #1671 on: January 15, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »
Yep.
My vibes-shipment to Tupp has zero to do with imagining appropriate civilized OR vengeful (GoT) consequences to the arseholes, because his/their karma is above my pay grade. As we all know, justice is elusive. It may or may not arrive in one form or another but it ain't our department. (Except in our ids and imaginings.) Dammit.

My crows didn't arrive today so far, despite extra kitty chow in advance of snow. I think they're halfway across the pond actually, cawing across to each other diabolical crow-brilliant strategies for scenes from The Birds to inflict on Doodoohead once they get there. That's my contribution to vengeance fantasies.

I think the universe will just give Tupp a completely random break once it has a hiccup in her direction. No indignation, appeal to supernatural forces or such from Tupp and those who love her will probably have much to do with it.

But an agnostic never knows for SURE. Hence candle lighting. Hence crow squad.
One of the weirdest things about being agnostic is that one is poised eternally on the (exciting but limiting) threshold of belief/unbelief, and imo, is also certain at the same time that it doesn't really matter what one finally decides. (Except to oneself.)

I think I'm about to lapse into the royal We. Better sign off! New storm coming. A LOT of snow at least immediately west of here, uncertain about how much in town.

hugs
Hops

Twoapenny

« Reply #1672 on: January 18, 2022, 09:50:56 AM »
OK, please light more candles, send more vibes and anything else you can think of as there is a glimmer of light in this horrible dark tunnel :)  I'm waiting on a viewing date for a nice flat, with a garden, in a nice town with reasonable local facilities and reasonable facilities for son within about an hour's drive or train ride.  Private landlord, he's happy with housing benefit and the cat, supermarket's within walking distance, public transport's okay.  Approx four hour drive from where we are now, about half an hour from where mum and stepdad live but not an area they frequent.  So close enough to see friends easily enough but not so close that we're likely to bump into them any time soon.  Lots of others will apply, it's a nice flat and it's a good price for the area but I'm keeping everything crossed.  It would be good for us and it's currently empty so we could move quickly.  I'll let you know when I hear some more xx

Twoapenny

« Reply #1673 on: January 18, 2022, 11:22:25 AM »
Viewing's on Thursday at 1pm, we can go up early and drive straight back after so no need for an overnight stay.  The only thing I'm a little bit worried about is it's nicer than you would usually get for housing benefit which can sometimes mean it's a scam.  There are things I can check which I'll do before we go, usually they ask you for money before you see it or ask for a viewing deposit or something like that before hand.  He might just be a nice landlord, it's just a bit unusual.  Eyes wide open.  If it's genuine it could be a real improvement on our current situation.  I'll let you all know :) xx

sKePTiKal

« Reply #1674 on: January 18, 2022, 12:37:20 PM »
Crossing fingers and toes for ya Tupp!

Hopalong

« Reply #1675 on: January 18, 2022, 01:42:45 PM »
Fingers, toes and all hairs crossed. Crow squadron has been recruiting so more are flapping your way...

MUCH luck, Tupp. I so hope this pans out. Maybe putting cash in his hand on the spot would help, as long as you get a proper receipt.

ALL good vibes!!!

Hugs
Hops

Hopalong

« Reply #1676 on: January 19, 2022, 08:30:17 PM »
Good luck tomorrow, (((Tupp)))!

Hope you see a crow flying near as you drive.

Either way, we'll be here.

BTW, you can edit your thread name to 2022 now.

hugs
Hops

lighter

« Reply #1677 on: January 19, 2022, 10:08:11 PM »
Things are sure different there, Tupp.  I lit a 3 light candle for you this evening and took very good care of myself.  Things can change on a dime..... for the good as well as for the worse.  I'm crossing fingers and toes that promising lease will be exactly what you need and available to you.

Wouldn't it be amazing if your story resonated with this landlord and he chose you over the other tenants applying. 

Sending prayers  and white light your way, Tupp.

Hang in there.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #1678 on: Today at 12:16:27 PM »
Is it like that?
A bunch of different people apply for the same place at once, and the landlord chooses his favorite?
Or is it sequential viewing appointments until someone says, We want it.
You look at it, and if it's going to work, if you say Yes and have good references and pay the deposit or first month -- it's yours?

Having to compete to be liked best by a landlord doesn't sound like fair housing law.

Aaarggh,
Hops

Twoapenny

« Reply #1679 on: Today at 01:20:44 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes.  It's a business, Hopsie, the landlord will pick the tenant that best suits their business model.  I don't know what this guy's model is as he didn't turn up.  Three hours to get there, we waited an hour, he didn't answer his phone or email so we came home again.  Scotland is looking like a better prospect.  More areas with affordable housing that looks okay, housing benefit accepted more readily and it seems possible to rent a half decent place in an area where there's a fair bit going on for son.  I'm going to rent a storage unit, get as much loaded up as possible, go up for a holiday and hopefully find something while we're there and just come back and clear out.  Shouldn't take too long, we've done a lot already xx