Author Topic: The new in every moment  (Read 791 times)

lighter

The new in every moment
« on: December 16, 2021, 11:36:11 AM »
Walking baby girl pug yesterday....I took paths I normally don't take AND promised myself to take smaller paths I've never taken.

It turned out all those smaller paths were game trails and I ended up turning down the first bigger path, which is one I would have recognized had I not been focused on NOT choosing it.

I noticed I never really focus on the wood to my left which meant I wasn't focused on the trail or my location on it which meant, more importantly, I wasn't focused on getting somewhere or avoiding someone.  Just a wholly new experience in the woods and the familiar trail seemed new and liable to take me anywhere bc I had zero expectations, holding only curiosity and desire to stop building old pathways while creating new.  Seemed simple.  I think it is

I'm curious if this will carry into everything....how I put my pants on, what I wear, how I prep and cook food and.....
as if last night, that's exactly what's happening.  Nothing forced.  Just a gentle slide off the beaten treks of my hours.

I see positive change and possibilities without the normal undercurrents of dread.....not that they're gone.  Mostly they glide by and don't stick around. 

I'm considering this somewhat mindful way of being in my world....walking meditation.  Just sliding off old rails into new to see how things shift with more choice and more consistent access to higher brain function.

It's warm today.  Just sunny and breezy and the pug is so happy to have more time to explore with her nose, bc I'm more patient and want her to really enjoy her walks......for us both to enjoy them.

Lighter

Hopalong

Re: The new in every moment
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 02:55:53 PM »
I don't know if Pug would enjoy a labyrinth walk, Lighter, but I'm sure you would!

https://labyrinthlocator.com/locate-a-labyrinth

Hugs
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

sKePTiKal

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 09:42:42 AM »
That's kinda how people train their brains to not always just see the negative in any event or situation. It loosens the hold of the "definition" pre-set in the brain from any kind of past experience.

It's one of the ways I can accept how long it's taking B to actually get moved too. It's kinda like making the scale, upon which we measure & judge & feel things - bigger.
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

lighter

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 04:09:58 PM »
Love Labrynths, Hops.  I'd love to visit one or more regularly.  What a great link.  Thank you!

Amber, it is a sort of resetting the brain away from negativity. 

Not sure if this connects, but...
This morning I woke after an amazing lucid dreaming experience.  I began and finished dream after dream.  I chose what to dream about.  I realized I was dreaming and made a big mess after realizing I didn't have to frantically clean one....in a bathroom involving red wine and white clothing....I just splashed the walls and made red handprints joyfully.  So liberating and cool!

Of course there were zombies in the end.  I forgot it was a dream, got stuck climbing a hill, things went badly then I remembered.....dream.  I ended with me explaining how to overcome the zombies.  I woke refreshed and happy.

In my closet I selected things I've never worn.  New and appropriate and coordinated.  It feels like a really positive shift.  Hopeful and no stress leaving old habits behind without focus on the leaving.  It's about turning toward new things, consistently and there's such relirlef in refusing to feel the expected and habitual.....the familiar and tiresomely old thoughts and outcomes.

Of course, stress usually drives one into old pathways, so I try to stay present and see how that goes.  I'll try to keep my nose off those magnetic pebbles, of course, but not always manage.  Oh well.....I can return to practicing something new, again and in each moment.

Made a lovely mindful Korean meal last night youngest DD loved.  I'll likely handle some paperwork then make caramelized meatballs for dinner.

The paperwork is difficult, but not overwhelming me.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 09:32:07 AM »
I'm kinda going through a similar experience Lighter. As usual, my lexicon is slightly different than yours - but in essence we are noticing the same shift. I'm exploring it; haven't even begun to distill it into coherent thoughts - that feels counterproductive at the stage I'm at with it.

Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

lighter

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 12:48:36 PM »
 ((Amber)) l look forward to your distillation of experience when you have clarity.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 12:57:31 PM »
Me too!
I know I love the sound of it, ((((Amber)))).

hugs
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 09:13:00 PM »
Had a bumpy day, but kept pulling myself back on task.

Made a beautiful chicken pot pie from homeade chicken bone stock.....roasted beef bones to make Pho stock which will cook on low for 48 hours straight.

I found a Vietnamese Curry recipe I'll make tomorrow.  There's cinnammon and cloves and chilis ans currry and tumeric and Coriander and Cumin seeds and bay leaves, allspice and salt involved.  Delicious, warm spices..... I can't begin to describe how satisfyng this dish is with fried carrots and potatoes holding their shape in the sauce.  I'll use chicken thighs and roast a head of cauliflower alongside.  I'd serve it with crusty Against the Grain GF bread if I was so inclined, but likely just eat it without.  It's good with rice too, darnit. 

Difficult to give up the easy tasty filling processed carbs, it is. 

My go to snack in the evening is always nuts.... I have to make sure no to eat the same ones too often. 

The Pug is a joy to walk lately.. She doesn't bark at other dogs, doesn't do a minute of circling before doing her business, doesn't wrap erself around underbrush...... she generally is keeping up and enjoying walking fast, less sniffing........ which means I enjoy myself more. 

I either have to give away a gallon of Organic milk or find something to make with it for the neighbors...... will start making cookies tomorrow.  I hope it cools down.  It was downright warm outside today.  And rainy, which means it was also muggy.

Anyone have tips for making G/S free sugar cookies and frosting?  I'll use ghee/butter. blend, but have never omitted sugar completely before.

Lighter