Author Topic: CB, how you doing?  (Read 664 times)

lighter

CB, how you doing?
« on: April 12, 2022, 06:57:24 AM »
I hope you're doing ok. 

Lighter

CB123

• It's never to late to be what you might have been
Re: CB, how you doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 04:38:21 PM »
Aww, thanks for asking Lighter. I dont post much because I dont have much to say these days.

I'm settled into the new apartment, 5 months now. After years of providing housing for kids under stress/illness, these days they are providing housing for me! I had intended to work til 70, and even after the covid stay home year, I thought I would go back at some point. I still might but I dont have a picture of it yet. We are still having covid outbreaks here and I'm not really in the kind of shape to get it safely.

Otherwise, life is quiet and uneventful. I keep up with a little housework and cook a bit, but that's it. I've cut way back on my plants. I havent unpacked a lot of boxes (stacked in the garage, thanks to my daughter!) and I like the minimalism. I read a lot, mostly history. Talk to my kids on the phone pretty regularly. Most of my old 3-D friends are in a different political head space than I am and I just am not in the mood for it.

I read here a bit. Always thinking of Tupp and hoping earnestly for her. And I love your moss stories. Moss is my favorite.

And it's nice to have you ask about me! Made me smile!

Love
CB
When they are older and telling their own children about their grandmother, they will be able to say that she stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way -- and it surely has not -- she adjusted her sails.  Elizabeth Edwards 2010

lighter

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 08:45:58 AM »
Hi, CB:

I miss your voice on the board, esp when moss, fern and flower activities are the topic and I'm pulling together moss centerpieces for a gathering soon.....found the containers last week and there are ferns pushing their lovely heads up all over the property now.  Even some the weeds are beautiful enough to make this journey to Atlanta.

I was talking to the friend I'm helping out.... she helped us do all the arrangements for our event in 2018.  She said she and her dh thought we were crazy then everything turned out "magical.". That's what moss is for me.

So, you've been in the new place for 5 months and have boxes stacked in the garage.....do you think you'll unpack edit or release those things?  I've been releasing things like crazy....want to release more and declutter my space.

(((CB))) How are your children doing?

Lighter

CB123

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 11:32:03 AM »
Ah, Lighter, I miss my unfettered access to boxes of fresh moss at my old job! As exhausting as it was, I was always aware of my good fortune getting to play in all that stuff at no cost to me! I had hoped for just a few more years of it. I'm considerably more tired now though, so who knows? maybe I would have had to throw in the towel earlier than I thought.

I follow BUNCHES of stuff online with great moss ideas though. Love reading it and imagining doing the designs. But moss is pricey and not in my budget these days. I hope you update on what you create. I love hearing about it.

I dont know if I'll unpack the boxes or not. Most of it is books or floral design supplies. I dont have a need for them right now, but there's a lot invested there and it's not in the way. I may have a use for them and its just nice having them stacked neatly in the meantime. I have loved having a garage so I can keep cleaning supplies and bags of potting soil someplace out of the way. I am so comfortable here and glad that my son has a spot for me.

Kids are great--everyone is well and just being their own selves! Scattered all over the place so I dont see anyone much but usually talk to everyone at least once a week. I've always enjoyed seeing what they ended up being interested in. No two alike which is amazing.

Passover and Easter were big deals when the kids were small so this feels like a rather odd weekend this year. My son really really doesnt care for big holidays so I will probably just grill some salmon and veggies. But I hope your holiday weekend is wonderful!

CB

When they are older and telling their own children about their grandmother, they will be able to say that she stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way -- and it surely has not -- she adjusted her sails.  Elizabeth Edwards 2010

Hopalong

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 05:53:47 PM »
It sounds wonderful, CB.
Peaceful, a loved one to share it with, and space!

I'm so glad you landed safely and feel at home.

Wish you a joyful, part-pagan, full of love and
very happy Easter.

hugs
Hops
PS -- I'll skip the service (too many memories) BUT there's a jolly Easter lunch (and little kid egg hunt) on the lawn afterward. It'll be lovely to see familiar friendly faces. I'll stick dandelions in my garden hat and strut my stuff!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 07:04:17 PM by Hopalong »
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

CB123

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 09:20:51 AM »
Thanks Hops. No celebration! Just a nice salmon salad dinner and then curled up reading on the couch!

CB