Author Topic: Anything  (Read 358769 times)

Hopalong

Re: Anything
« Reply #1875 on: June 10, 2022, 09:35:14 PM »
If "Anything" is still fair game, I'll report from a better mood:

FFFFF (Fabulous Funny Feminist Films Fridays) #2 was such a gift. There were 5 of us (social-distance-with-fans-blazing max-comfort home-indoor-zone is six people but not quite) and we watched Hannah Gadsby's second Netflix special, "Douglas." My face still hurts from laughing and it was SUCH a comfort after recent weeks (personally, nationally, globally). It really lifted my/our spirits to be together.

Wish I could have you come, Mouse. I would love to think of you laughing. (Even when there's so little to laugh about).

I did my usual full-spectrum-covid-supercautions and everybody was so gracious about it: shoved the furniture around so we sat 6'-8' apart, brought everyone's wine to them and scheduled it for after dinner so no bunching around a food table (though I did do some spanikopita, self serve), had all the windows wide open and a box fan blowing in addition to ceiling fan, and asked only that they plonk the masks back on when moving through the house to the bathroom, etc. It worked fine!

And oh Gadsby is brilliant. The way she works in a hilarious riff on art history (as in her first show "Nanette") I found side-splitting. The whole thing was joyful.

I just felt so grateful to just feel those feeling for a few hours. Next month: Wanda Sykes. If anybody knows of another FFF to recommend, I'm all ears!

hugs
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #1876 on: June 12, 2022, 06:00:30 PM »
So glad you have your FFFF group, Hops.  We love Hannah Gadsby and look forward to watching "Douglas." 

You seem pretty relaxed around your Covid precautions and ability to do what you can then turn towards joy.  YES!

More of that, please for us all.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #1877 on: June 12, 2022, 08:32:57 PM »
Well I nearly blew their hair off with the fans on high,
but everyone was very careful and cooperative.

:)

If cases climb any faster here though I'm going
to suspend. Another person I know (the fourth)
is down with it. I can still invite folks to visit outside.

hugs
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #1878 on: June 13, 2022, 12:52:32 AM »
Hops:

LOL....
 "nearly blew their hair off" just so funny to me. 

You're fully vaccinated, proactive and careful. 

I hope you don't have to suspecd your gatherigs.  They sound joyful!

Lighter

Pseudo Mouse

« Reply #1879 on: July 30, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »

I want a haircut. It's just sort of getting on my nerves. Maybe I should just braid it out of the way. To be honest, I don't even brush my hair. It started for a practical reason, it's sort of curly and NOT brushing was an actual method of styling it. Like i would put a little bit of some kinda hair goop and kinda squeeze my hair together and then people would say "you have perfect curls" and it was easy and like 2 minutes of effort. That was a long time ago. Now I don't look in the mirror much I just don't. I think my hair has gotten more frizzy like more stray hairs on top. This sounds really self obsessed but I think I'm finally fed up with my self neglect.

There was once a hair product I liked that was truly some simple organic type thing but then the company started charging like 3-4 times as much and changed the formulation so it's a bunch of dimethicone. So I started putting Curel hand lotion in my hair out of laziness I mean the lotion is just sitting there and it has dimethicone in is as does everything. Anyhow hair is inconsequential but you know if you neglect everything including one's hair a person can start to look "crazy" the crazy on the inside starts to show on the outside. Ughhh

Since the covid thing happened I learned I could just trim my own hair for free and save money. It doesn't look bad but it's basic and boring.

Of course haircuts are about renewal or something.

Phooo just burnt frozen sweet potato on the stove top I guess I turned it up too high. I've done this at least 5 times. I just set something up and forget it. I looked out the window and for a second was surprised it was "raining" and then realized I turned the hose on. This is maybe encapsulating my mental state. Furrr maybe I should write more. I'm not too fond of this board anylonger for whatever reason I guess because it's the internet. Not exactly private. Lurkers etc.

Pseudo Mouse

« Reply #1880 on: July 30, 2022, 08:54:07 PM »
So kinda of pathetically this person giving YouTube advice, I know a bad place to get info sometimes, but she is admitting that she knew depression is not caused by chemical imbalance but went along with the farce anyhow.

I've always thought depression is a result of social, emotional, economic issues etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZqbrFTUm0&t=114s