Author Topic: Anything  (Read 397432 times)

Anonymous

Anything
« on: February 04, 2005, 08:46:41 AM »
How about a thread where people can talk about anything, on or off topic?

Could be fun, once in awhile, or sort of purging, or really therapeutic?

People might connect and/or relate about parts of their lives that they wish to share (for the joy of sharing rather than the relief of releasing)?

Might help enhance the voice?

What are your thoughts?

PS:  So how about those omega 3's and 6's?  I eat 'em to enhance health.
       Anyone else?

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:13:20 AM »
Co-enzyme Q10 (at least 30 mg a day) for gum repair, fast gum growth after dental work, plus they release energy from food, love 'em. Good for skin too.

And chocolate. and Gran Tempranillo red wine, £2.99 at Sainsburys right now, lovely stuff :D

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 09:18:44 AM »
Introverts love Descartes : I think therefore I am, all I can know is in my thoughts.

Extraverts love the Empiricists : all we can know is what we sense in the external world.

(Note, introverts will say 'I', extraverts will say 'we'!)

Major philosophical divide sorted. Job done!  copyright 'Portia' :roll:

Portia

Anything
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 09:44:22 AM »
good to get this one out about once every six months:

Masochist:    "Hurt me!"

Sadist:   "No....."

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 10:00:51 AM »
Hey!

I used nuts and flax seed oil for those omega 3's and 6's.  I need 'um for my joints...keep things from squeaking.

Don't know much about co-enzyme Q10 but I am curious?  (now that you've got my gums and skin hooked).

Chocolate and red wine are two of my staples but there is no place around here, that I know of, that serves 'em up for that price.  Lucky you!!

I may be an introvert because I say I a lot but I think I do it because when I say we, it feels like I'm assuming for other people and I try not to assume because I dislike when others assume stuff about me.  I do like to include other people, the more the merrier kind of deal, so it is possible that I'm an introverted extrovert?  Or else I don't have a clue what the difference really is?

And Portia, I'm glad you got that out! :D

GFN

Portia

Anything
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 10:07:25 AM »
Intro or Extra? Find out at: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

INFJ / INTJ depending on which is in charge, heart or head.

which Jung are you.....?

Learning

Anything
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 10:30:33 AM »
Hey Portia,

I'm currently considering myself an INFJ in training.  I test to be INTJ...but I'm working on following my feelings more. :wink:

Guests,

I don't know too much about Coenzyme Q10 but I'll look into it.  For my omega 3 & 6 I go with flax meal in my oatmeal and baked goods.  I also like to add a little fish oil to my breakfast smoothies.  Yum!

Chocolate is primary to a happy day, but I leave the red wine alone. :)

Thanks for starting a fun thread!

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 10:38:05 AM »
According to the test, I'm INFJ.

How about you?

GFN

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 10:41:11 AM »
Currently iNTj, was iStP some 6 years ago. At that time, I was deeply embroiled in several creative projects at once (recording, photo work, writing), so that makes sense, in that it was all about the "doing" and "execution". Now, I'm in a period of deep introspection, so this new designation makes sense also, as it is directed toward 'how things work".

Both share the seclusiveness component, and "tools" for the iStP can be considered analogous to "ideas" for the iNTj.

Interesting - I haven't visited this idea in quite some time. Thanks for bringing it back to my atention.

T

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 10:41:20 AM »
Hi Learning:

You'll have to teach me.

The simple thought of anything fish in a smoothie makes me gag!

Is it really Yum???

GFN

Learning

Anything
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 10:51:09 AM »
Hi GFN,

Yes it really is!  The fish oil I buy is pricey but has a nice lemon smell to it (I hate fishy odors).  I mix a tablespoon with a cup of soymilk and a bunch of frozen berries (or whatever frozen fruit we have).  Sometimes I add protein powder.  It really does taste good.  

Carlson's Fish Oil or Cod Liver Oil (I know, I know...sounds gross) are both good.

Ciao,
Learning

mum

Anything
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 10:58:32 AM »
Hey, I am INOEx3 (in need of explanations) on all those letter labels.
Can't relate on the fishy stuff (vegetarian).

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 11:35:21 AM »
Thanks Learning!  Thanks!

It sounds very nutritional.  It's the taste (idea) of fish being the over powering of it all that isn't sitting in my head right and is making me think barf thoughts. :shock:

Does it taste like fish at all?

Fish oil is supposed to help with so many problems.   I know people who take it but I haven't had the guts. (I really don't like the taste of fish--yuck!).

If the taste is hidden behind all those berries, and I decide to take the leap, do I buy flavoured soy milk?  Thanks again.

Hi Mum:  those letters are the results of an online test to determine whether a person is an introvert or extravert.  See page one for the link. :arrow: (reverse that arrow!)

GFN

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
Hi GFN,

Aahhh...yes I was worried about the taste at first too.  Actually, they add a lemon flavor.  So it tastes pretty good.  In the smoothie, I don't even taste the lemon.  You're right, the berries overpower it. :)

I've used just about every type of soymilk available.  Vanilla flavored is good.  I personally like a chocolate/cherry mix (but my h doesn't).  I also like just plain soymilk.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

Learning

Anonymous

Anything
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 12:29:30 PM »
K learning.

I'm going for groceries this afternoon and I going to buy soymilk (step one). 8)

I've read so much about the value of soy.  I've tried tofu, which I just can't seem to get a liking for.  No matter what I do to it, it just doesn't seem like food to me (it's rubber something or slippery slimey stuff or chunky junk, in my brain).  I do eat soy beans smothered in salsa (mixed with brown rice) and not only is it an enjoyable meal, for me, but it sticks to my ribs really well!

But I've never tied the milk and I think it might be an idea to develop a taste for it, first (and without fish anything...it doesn't give me thoughts of hurling!! :shock: ).

I'll let you know when I brave the health food store for the fish oil!!
 :D

GFN