Author Topic: Deleting your account and your posts: an important message!  (Read 25447 times)

Dr. Richard Grossman

• http://www.voicelessness.com
Deleting your account and your posts: an important message!
« on: January 03, 2007, 06:54:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

A general message to those who want to leave the board.  Once you delete your account, you cannot go back and delete your posts.  Deleting your account does not get rid of your posts.   Instead, they continue to appear with your screen name.  So if you want to leave the board and delete your posts--please be sure to delete your posts first!

Best,

Richard 

seasons

Re: Deleting your account and your posts: an important message!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »
Thank you Dr. Grossman for the reminder. seasons
"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the Rest to God."
Maya Angelou

justpassingthru

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:18:18 AM »
For added privacy, choose a screenie that can't be googled in a meaningful way.  Such as a day of the week, or a place name or somesuch.

Anyone who googles ******* will take a thousand years to find me.  Which is just the way it should be. 

Bones

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:11 AM »
Dr. Grossman.

It has been brought to my attention that even though I am here as a "Guest", and therefore unable to delete any of my posts, my e-mail address has become available to everyone who comes to this Board.  I was contacted, via my e-mail address, off this Board regarding my posting.  I feel that my confidentiality has been breached and I no longer feel safe to post anything anymore.

Bones

P Guest

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »
Note about logging in as Guest - your email is displayed

Dear Bones, I am a member choosing to sign in as Guest right now. I've been able to see your email and those of all other 'guests' for a long time (since we got this new board).

You can see mine by hovering your mouse over the white envelope by my name: my email appears in the bottom left hand corner of your browser screen (in Internet Explorer it does anyway!). That's always been the case. I don't think your confidentiality has been breached; it's more that someone has decided to write to you privately now. If you don't feel safe posting and showing your email, there are at least two options:

- get another email account (newname at hotmail for example) and use that;

If you want any guest posts deleting, I guess you can email Dr G to help? I don't know how easy it is for him to do that. Hope that helps.

Gaining Strength

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 11:03:02 PM »
Why do I have an envelope and how do I get rid of it?

mudpuppy

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 11:16:48 PM »
GS,

You don't have an envelope to any of us. It is only visible to you. If you click on your name you can check and see that your e-mail says 'hidden'. Your's does.

mud

Gaining Strength

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 01:35:10 AM »
Thanks Mud.  I do see some other peoples envelope and can see their e-mail.  Is that because they didn't select "hidden" in their profile?

mudpuppy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »
Is that because they didn't select "hidden" in their profile?

Yep.

mud

JustKathy

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 06:50:42 PM »
I haven't been here since (I think) last Christmas. I used to post quite a lot when I had more time to be active on these boards, yet I now have a post count of around 12, and the word "Newbie" next to it. Is this something that happened with the new boards? I don't mind, but it's just kind of weird suddenly being called a "Newbie."

Sugarbear

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 04:25:42 PM »
PoozyBear -

Me too. I've been gone for around two years, and I've dropped to a jr. member... and I couldn't find a few posts that I wanted to look up (silly me didn't keep a copy).

I think that some posters that left might have deleted their threads, and it deleted the responses to the threads as well. I can't figure it out otherwise.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths.