Author Topic: An Abuser's Tricks: anybody know where this is from originally?  (Read 5401 times)

Anastasia

An Abuser's Tricks: anybody know where this is from originally?
« on: September 16, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
I  can't get it to print out on the printer, and would like to carry a copy around for awhile and really mull this excellent piece over:

http://www.voicelessness.com/disc3//index.php?topic=3030.0

This SO describes my Nmother to a "t".....worth memorizing, I think.

Thanks!

Certain Hope

Re: An Abuser's Tricks: anybody know where this is from originally?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 06:28:20 PM »
Anastasia,

It's from this website:  http://www.kickbully.com/page1e.html

but the information is all on separate pages there. I'd put it all together into one when I posted it here on the board.

There should be a print option in your browser's taskbar, I think?

Or if you know how to copy and paste, you can put it onto a notepad or word document and print from there?

Carolyn

Anastasia

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:29:23 AM »
How I wish I were better on the computer, however, my son comes in soon and maybe he knows. 
The article on kickbully.com refers to this as being traits of a bully, but I would see it more like traits of a narcisstic personality.  Am I wrong here? 
How would you refer to these characteristics?  A bully's tactics?  An abuser?  A narcissistic personality? 
I find it interesting they refer to these traits as a bully's tactics, frankly.  Wonder why?  Am I missing something?

Certain Hope

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »
Hi Anastasia,

One tip you can try if you'd like...

open the page you want to print and then, on your keyboard,
hold down the "Ctrl" button  (far bottom left corner) and press the letter P at the same time. Should print that page for you.

I referred to these tactics as those of an "abuser" because of the very thing you mention... such overlap between characteristics.

The way I see it, all bullies have very low self-esteem and little capacity for empathy, but they are not necessarily malignant narcissists. The N and possibly even sociopathic bullies are those who are absolutely relentless in not only pursuing the victory over everyone in their path, but also destroying their targets... through blatant lies, defamation, theft, and even physical violence. If you look for the pathological envy, you may see the difference. The npd bully wants to BE the other person, her target.

So I'd say, all NPD individuals are bullies, but not all bullies are npd.

Carolyn

Anastasia

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »
Agree totally with your definitions.
Sociopathic bully, yes...just plain bully for this definition described just seems off the mark. 
Abuser?  OK, but that really doesn't describe this behavior well.
NPD, yes, you bet!
Again, I agree with you totally on your definition.  Thanks for explaining.

Certain Hope

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »
You're welcome, Anastasia... and thanks to you, too! Great topic to review, I think.

There's alot more at that website, but it's all formatted similarly... you have to keep turning pages to get to the next installment.

I think it'd be well worth putting together into entire pages and will try to do that as I have time.

Carolyn