Author Topic: Reiki Energy Healing  (Read 9244 times)

KayZee

Reiki Energy Healing
« on: November 26, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced Reiki energy healing?  Had their chakras unblocked/realigned?

A few months ago, I went to go see an energy healer at a friend's recommendation.  He said one session with her was like three years of therapy.

Anyway, it was a really powerful experience.  From the first second I walked in, this healer said, "I'm sensing this question: Is it okay to be me?  It's like you want to be you, but someone just keeps holding you down."  Bingo.  She said, "This person has their thumb down on you right here.  (She put her hand on my lower abdomen, uterus.)

Moments later, the healer goes: "It's like your mother's voice is the loudest one in the room.  She's like this little parrot on your shoulder, constantly chattering in your ear.  It's hard to think over the racket.  It's like you can't seem to flick her off."  Again, I'm not usually into psychics and all that, but this was pretty right-on.

The real kicker though, was when she told me: "You've never really separated from your mother.  This has cause you a lot of emotional pain, and you store it all right here in your left hip."  I was gob-smacked.  I'd had hip dysplasia in my left hip when I was a baby--had to wear a saddle, had to wear special shoes, had to wear triple diapers.  When I walked at nine months, the doc had said it was probably because sitting down was so painful.

At any rate, when she got around to actually clearing away my "blocked energy," I realized my friend was right.  It really was like therapy.  Only, when I'm in talk therapy, I tend to find myself over-thinking, over-analyzing, getting really intellectual and academic about my NM and my childhood.  But this was the opposite, with a few exceptions, I didn't really say anything to the healer and she didn't say much to me.  She just moved around me while I laid on the massage table with my eyes closed.  And for about an hour I had the most intense feelings I've ever felt.  It was like I was feeling years and years worth of repressed feelings--the ones I'd always tried to talk myself around and out of.

While she moved around me, I would see shadowy images through my closed eyes.  Like, at one point, I thought I was seeing a butterfly.  Then, as the image clarified, I realized I was seeing someone silhouetted by the sun.  I felt like I was a small child (maybe even a baby) lying on my back in the grass, while an adult looked down on me.  I felt their love pouring down on me, but really quickly that love began to feel too much.  It felt suffocating, like a violation.  I suppose, like my engulfing NM.  My chest constricted and tears started pouring out of me.  And I realized that sometimes over the course of my life, I've preferred to be treated badly (even abusively) because it felt more comfortable than love (which I associated with that painful, smothering feeling).  At that point, the healer stopped, pressed a tissue into my hand, told me it was okay to cry, asked me if my NM had been abused by her father (I said, "yes, I think so") and she told me, "what you were feeling just then was the abuse."

Anyway, we kept going with the healing when I felt safe.  Towards the end, I had this really bizarre sensation.  With my eyes closed, I saw a shadowy tunnel.  I was moving through it and had this bizarre thought: it felt like I was birthing my mother or she was birthing me.  Then finally, when I got to the "end" of the "tunnel" I saw a little ball levitating in space.  This little ball glowed, and it started to float further and further away.  When the healing part of the session was over, the healer told me that my mother had been all wrapped up in side me, snaked around my intestines, so she took my NM out of my body and put her outside of me in a little heart.  (Basically, she described everything I'd seen and sensed.  Weird).  She said NM and I were still attached by a long rope, and I could send NM love from a distance, but not feel so enmeshed.

Immediately after the healing, I felt like I was my most-concentrated self.  Felt like I was floating on air.  But then, in the weeks that followed, I felt really emotional, remembered a lot more disturbing memories from my childhood.  I sort of felt like the healer had taken away my repressive mechanisms and now I had to deal with the pain.

Also bizarre: During the last visit with NM, I did find it easier to keep an emotional distance from her.  But during the ride home from NM's house, I felt my uterus almost burning, cramping.  Right in the place where the healer said NM had her thumb on me.

Anyone else ever tried the Reiki thing?  What were your experiences?

Hopalong

Re: Reiki Energy Healing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:13:31 PM »
Holy moly, KZ.

That is astonishing, beautifully told, and extremely moving to me. Thank you for writing this.

I did Reiki once (for six months) and loved it.

For me, it wasn't so dramatic...but I had a hugely positive response to being kindly touched.

It was as simple as that.

And reminds me, I think that's part of what's missing in my life.

(More dogs, and a massage or two!)

Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

KayZee

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
Hey Hops,
Thanks so much for your response. 

I had a hugely positive response to being kindly touched.  It was as simple as that.

So powerful!  And so true.  Physical touch is so healing.  And so essential. 

I totally believe that old Virginia Satir quote: "We need 4 hugs a day for survival.  We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.  We need 12 hugs a day for growth."  I think a great many of us here probably have a hug deficit! 

Sending lots of big bear hugs your way.  And here's hoping everyone out there gets a cuddle, a supportive hand hug, a much-needed shoulder rub!

Kay x

Nonameanymore

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »
Hi KayZee and Hops and everyone else who would be reading this.
I am very anti-spiritual healing and apologies to those who I may offend with my position.
As it happens, I studied two modalities of spiritual healing - not reiki and I was never particularly attracted to it - and my personal opinion is that any sort of energy healing is like opening Pandora's box or liek releasing the captured winds: once it is open, it has great power to upset.
I have had a lot of people and friends I met through these channels, and others aftewards who had similar experiences - these therapies brought a lot of  things for them to deal with.
I would advice don't proceed or proceed with caution.
Intuition to do a reading is something that we all possess and can train to do so, just remember that whatever energy healing you are being offered, it passes through the person who is actually doing the healing  - so make sure he/she is someone whose energy you like.
I suppose it is the same with a therapist, except you can change therapists after a few sessions whereas, in my humble opinion, whatever energy healing has been done on you, it stays with you.
Apologies again if I am offending anyone here who may be practicing reiki or any other modality.