Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 72773 times)

lighter

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #690 on: February 15, 2022, 12:03:20 AM »
L is miserable, very snotty, coughing, exhausted and her voice is still gone....... throat hurts very much. Just miserable. Her eyes over her mask look like she's crying, even when she isn't.

J isn't feeling any better, but she's not feeling too much worse..... just like when she got the flu vaccine, she said and that lasted for days..... she was sore all over and feverish. 

I hope I have it too and I don't get miseraly sick.  I really don't want to be miserable...... last time I had the flu it took me down for a month and I was shocked at how ill I was.  Hoping I don't feel terrible isn't giving in to fear.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #691 on: February 15, 2022, 08:31:37 AM »
Wow, sorry to hear your second DD also got covid.
I can't understand hoping to get it yourself? Regardless of a week's not-as-terrible-for-most Omicron experience, there is the possibility of long covid to avoid...just read more about it yesterday. Seems like a mysterious microvascular meltdown.

Stay safe, Lighter. Do all you can to prevent contagion.

Or that's just my vote, not that I have one! I'd rather cope with vaccine after-effects than actual infection likewise. My booster was 5 months back so for me, all cautions are on until they release booster #2. They're finding that booster immunity lasts about four months, and are already releasing a second one (Pfizer, anyway) for the immunocompromised. Which I ain't, but old folks will likely be next.

Hang in there, woman. You're going through one of those trials. A sick house. Hope the girls rally soon and you take all precautions meanwhile.

hugs
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

sKePTiKal

« Reply #692 on: February 15, 2022, 09:31:53 AM »
Lighter - while you're still up & moving, why don't you cook & freeze servings of your & the girls favorite "comfort foods" and sick room food? Do the shopping to keep ingredients stocked, too. Maybe you don't get sick - you'll still use it to nurse the girls up. Maybe you get sick and they have to take over nursing YOU?

See where I'm going with this?
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

lighter

« Reply #693 on: February 15, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »
Yup yup yup, I see, Amber.

I wish we all agreed on comfort foods. 

J said our diets seem to correlate with the level of symptoms we're experiencing, in her opinion.  L eats gluten, sugar and dairy as her major food groups.  J eats halfway healthy in her opinion.  I eat very clean.  J's lower stomach is involved this morning, btw.  She didn't know tummy involvment was a symptom. 

::shaking head::.

L's throat is still very painful...... she's coughing up lots of mucus.... threw up mucus this morning.  Last night she had a mean nose bleed, but she's always been one of those kids with nose bleeds.  My white bedding took a hit.

We're a mess.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #694 on: February 15, 2022, 11:58:26 AM »
(((((((((((Lighter))))))))))))

What an ordeal. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

My thoughts just jumped to After.
I wonder what the girls, and you, will think and feel that's different as a result of this trying experience?

Don't even bother leaving the present moment, I get it!

hugs,
Hops

sKePTiKal

« Reply #695 on: February 15, 2022, 12:53:11 PM »
Oh my. I get it Lighter.
How're you feeling today?

Maybe with the complicated dietary needs/wants you could just make a few servings? Don't forget to mark them in the freezer -- I hear the brain fog that continues a while after is pretty bad. I've pulled out bacon grease instead of frozen broth before - sans covid. No the containers weren't marked.

lighter

« Reply #696 on: February 15, 2022, 03:42:14 PM »
I have a fresh pot of ham and bean soup.....need to freeze... thanks for reminder.....
a few servings of curry.....
one serving of chicken with honey soy glaze.... I made 5 servings last night.....
the Boston Butt pork roast... OMG so yummy...... like pork belly, for real.  SO GOOD.  No takers but me so far...both girls are off of meat.  L likes seafood.  I think J surviving on tea and gf toast.  L said she MIGHT be up for pork tacos later.  Will see.

We have frozen gf coconut shrimp we can toss into the air fryer easily.  And gf chicken fingers.  And frozen Applegate breakfast sausages J normally eats when she's feeling hungry.  L likes blackbeans and rice and we have those things in the pantry, in case she wants it.  Another frozen gf pizza dough ball.  Lots of gf pastas on the shelf.  I'm making myself a hamburger later on salad greens, yummy.

Tomorrow fresh broccoli arrives, along with the COVID tests.  We have lots of canned and frozen veg...... the girls aren't channeling veggies right now, but if they do.......I'll be ready.

I wish I'd ordered mushrooms. L likes mushrooms. 

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #697 on: February 15, 2022, 05:48:38 PM »
What did your latest rapid test say, Lighter?
Have you and J gotten the diagnosis?

How are you feeling?

lighter

« Reply #698 on: February 15, 2022, 06:46:56 PM »
I ordered more tests....they arrive tomorrow.  I read the rapid home tests are more likely to return a false negative IF symptoms aren't showing up yet, whcih was the case with J.

I feel pretty much normal, so will test against tomorrow and see how that goes.

J feeling a bit worse.  L feeling a bit better.

Thanks for asking, Hops.  I sure hope I have Covid and this is as bad as it'll get.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #699 on: February 15, 2022, 07:50:27 PM »
Sounds like you're holding down the fort with flair, Lighter! I hope you fare well, in light of the illness around you. Some do, ya know. I stopped asking why - even though I'd like to have confirmation or denial, either one - on what I theorize about the whole thing. I don't NEED it.

lighter

« Reply #700 on: February 16, 2022, 02:03:55 PM »
I tested Negative for Covid again this morning.

Whether I have antibodies or my immune system fought it off or I'm yet to show symptoms..... I don't know.  I really should be Positive considering proximity to the girls, I do the laundry, use the same bathrooms and L isn't wearing a mask around me anymore. I really thought I'd test Pos.

There don't seem to be any rules around this.  I feel like I'm in contagion limbo. 

I'm not sure whether to plan for the island trip or not.  I don't want to be Typhoid Mary.

Lighter

Hopalong

« Reply #701 on: February 16, 2022, 08:08:22 PM »
Lighter,
I don't remember what date you were planning to leave.

What to do for quarantine. Stay home and away from other people for at least 5 days (day 0 through day 5) after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19. The date of your exposure is considered day 0. Wear a well-fitting mask when around others at home, if possible.

COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation | CDC

So, if your Ds have Covid (per test results), then the calendar starts 5 days AFTER you are last with them (or after they have conclusively tested Negative).

I'm really happy you don't have it! Please hold a boundary in your own home that your child L, if she's confirmed with Covid, must wear an N95 when she leaves her own room. Likewise for J.

Motherhood doesn't mean an oblivious child gets to endanger your health and futue, right? Entitlement doesn't go that far...hopefully.

hugs
Hops

lighter

« Reply #702 on: February 18, 2022, 12:46:51 AM »
Thanks for all that info, Hops.

The girls are pretty much recovered.... there's still some messy symptoms, but the flu stuff is gone.

I plan to go to the lake and hang out at least 5 days on my own while packing for the trip.  I can test myself a time or two before meeting up with my brother or getting on a plane.

That's the plan.

Lighter

sKePTiKal

« Reply #703 on: February 18, 2022, 07:48:38 AM »
Glad to hear everyone's recovering! I'll bet you're resting easier now.

lighter

« Reply #704 on: February 18, 2022, 07:39:59 PM »
I'm feeling SO much better now the girls are healing up, Amber.

SO.
Much.
Better.

Yup yup yup.

Lighter