Author Topic: forum w topics of different aspectsOFnarcissismETIOLOGYetc?  (Read 5292 times)

idiotsyncratic savant:)

forum w topics of different aspectsOFnarcissismETIOLOGYetc?

SAY LIKE IN THE 3RD FORUM OR A FOURTH
WHERE SUGGESTIONS COULD BE MADE
AND THEN UPON REVIEW OF SOME EMPOWERED ONES:)
SOURCES AND SUCH ON NARCISSISM
UNDER VARIOUS TOPICS RELATED TO NARCISSISM
SUCH AS ETIOLOGY DRRR IS THAT THE RIGHT SPELLING AND WORD

Portia

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:01:26 AM »
Okay, just this one, maybe one more because really, it's not healthy, i know it's not healthy(shadow side emoticon), but I step in here knowing that…. I used to be scared you know? Not now, not here :D

So, rumblebumble idiotsyncratic savant <a smile>

UPON REVIEW OF SOME EMPOWERED ONES smile? Smile? What’s the smile for? Who are the empowered ones? What does empowered mean? Is this ‘us’ and ‘them’? Can you sense a little disagreement coming up…..? but I can’t resist, ahhhh Candyman (isn't the Candyman actually so attractive? like death and taxes?).

The etiology (spelling doesn’t matter does it?) of narcissism?

Okay: the etiology is interesting to me, a little, because I’m interested. But I’m interested in black holes too. And parallel universes. And eating tapas. Moose. Van Gogh. Shirley Manson. Alice Miller. Fireworks. Lightning. Negative ions.

Pick-picking the idea of narcissism to death is a pretty focussed and narrow objective. And to be frank, Frank (who’s Frank?) it’s……boring! Boring! We spend half our lives being manipulated by them and the other half….studying them? Oh eewwwww. Better things to do. :D

I visited NPA and I gave it a shot. I gave it 24 hours thinking about it in the back of my head. I looked at the forum members. I got some narcissistic (I tested balanced NPA remember?) semi-secret-society type thrill out of it. Then I felt better. Then I came back to a reality I find much more inclusive, helpful and human. And humane. Here! Sorry.

The way we treat our children determines the people they become. If we give people the knowledge and tools to become more self-aware, if we give children knowledge of emotions, basic psychology and social (world) history, just maybe we can do a little better. But we're not doing badly anyway.

Investigating the causes of narcissism is important. But it’s not the main game, not to me. I know what it is now, I can recognise it and I can do a tiny bit in the real world to help those who may be at risk. Rather than navel-gazing and encouraging others to gaze at my navel with me. Oh that image is gross. Sorry.

I interpret this site as being for the voiceless and for emotional survival. It’s not just about narcissism and I'd lobby Dr Grossman (Hi Dr G) against going down that route if he chose to! It’s nothing to do with me but that doesn’t stop me having strong views on the subject.

Haha. I’m such a big-gob sometimes. Maybe I just threw a two and a six?
Daughter of Chance aka P

PS. The short answer is: I don't want the NPA site here and i vote against it. It has it's own site. That's enough. Don't be greedy.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 12:12:43 AM »
I don't understand what you are doing here.  I see these strange usernames and wonder why you don't just pick a name stick with it?  Why not tell us something about yourself, your story, your feelings whatever?

This latest post seems like you want more forums here or maybe your own forum.  What's the point?  I can't understand half of what you post in the forums that are already here.

We are here sharing but what are you doing?  It would be nice to read something from you that shows you are willing to share too.

Portia

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 11:17:14 AM »
Guest poster above, I’ll talk to you because I guess this is bugging you? And should anyone wonder (I’ve been accused of being multiple posters before, and yes, that still bugs me a little), that wasn’t me posting above (I’m asleep at 11.12pm US time…that’s …er…4.12 am to me and I don’t post in the middle of the night). Here's what i think.

Not understanding someone’s intentions/objectives makes us suspicious. I think that’s a normal human reaction. We want to protect ourselves from those who may harm us, or harm anything we hold dear. If we feel we don’t know why someone is behaving as they do, it makes us uncomfortable. We don’t know what they might do next. We tend to be on our guard, vigilant. That is an environment many of us are familiar with, unfortunately. It’s not a relaxed environment, it’s not conducive to disclosing more about ourselves, sharing, trusting, allowing ourselves to come out of the dark. We need to be able to be vulnerable, equally, with each other. I think this is a special environment, here.

Now talking to the poster of various names: we don’t know what your purpose here is. What is it? This is a “forum to discuss your experience with Voicelessness”. Are you doing this, in your own way? I guess if you don’t want to share, to discuss, then this isn’t the place for you.

To the last poster again: fear is a strange thing. I was fearful about posting the first reply here, then i thought, why? Because i might get an angry response? Because I might be behaving 'badly'? Better to remain silent :?  on the subject...? I'm glad you spoke up. Are you a regular posting member? If so, want to say so? What's the worse that could happen...<mind goes blank, not unusual>...what's the best thing? Don't know. It might feel good :D Like taking your clothes off in public :shock: ooops. Personal fantasy just slipped out..... :roll:

IDIOCRATICidiot savant

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 12:28:58 PM »
BESIDES PASTING THE 3RD POST IN THIS THREAD BY PORTIA
ALSO RELATED SOME TO 2ND POST IN THIS THREAD
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:12 am    
as my computer time at library is up in a few min
i might be not remember well the actual way things were
asked or stated..
but
i have revealed stuff bout myself
that might or might not be recognizable by my
rather usually idiosyncratic style..
what i might do is in a post
list some of my main posts
including such that have revealed some personal aspects :)

oh early on i think i was jumped on pretty heavy..
but a gang here :(

Quote from: Portia
Guest poster above, I’ll talk to you because I guess this is bugging you? And should anyone wonder (I’ve been accused of being multiple posters before, and yes, that still bugs me a little), that wasn’t me posting above (I’m asleep at 11.12pm US time…that’s …er…4.12 am to me and I don’t post in the middle of the night). Here's what i think.

Not understanding someone’s intentions/objectives makes us suspicious. I think that’s a normal human reaction. We want to protect ourselves from those who may harm us, or harm anything we hold dear. If we feel we don’t know why someone is behaving as they do, it makes us uncomfortable. We don’t know what they might do next. We tend to be on our guard, vigilant. That is an environment many of us are familiar with, unfortunately. It’s not a relaxed environment, it’s not conducive to disclosing more about ourselves, sharing, trusting, allowing ourselves to come out of the dark. We need to be able to be vulnerable, equally, with each other. I think this is a special environment, here.

Now talking to the poster of various names: we don’t know what your purpose here is. What is it? This is a “forum to discuss your experience with Voicelessness”. Are you doing this, in your own way? I guess if you don’t want to share, to discuss, then this isn’t the place for you.

To the last poster again: fear is a strange thing. I was fearful about posting the first reply here, then i thought, why? Because i might get an angry response? Because I might be behaving 'badly'? Better to remain silent :?  on the subject...? I'm glad you spoke up. Are you a regular posting member? If so, want to say so? What's the worse that could happen...<mind goes blank, not unusual>...what's the best thing? Don't know. It might feel good :D Like taking your clothes off in public :shock: ooops. Personal fantasy just slipped out..... :roll:

Portia

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 02:41:03 PM »
Dear IDIOCRATICidiot savant, how are you today? Thank you for your reply. You can paste my posts if you want to. I’m not deleting them though, so you don’t need to paste them. Is that why you paste posts, in case they’re deleted? I won’t ask for posts to be deleted. Okay? (If Dr G wants to lock a thread, that’s up to him. And if he locks a thread I’m contributing to, I’ll move on. I won’t have any choice!)

How about acknowledging me directly, like, ‘Hi Portia’ etc, rather than referring to my posts, as though I’m a third party? Could you do that? It would make me feel happier about talking to you.

Or maybe you don’t like being talked to directly? Maybe you’d prefer it if I talked about you indirectly? Which is best for you? I’m genuinely interested.

i have revealed stuff bout myself
that might or might not be recognizable by my
rather usually idiosyncratic style..
what i might do is in a post
list some of my main posts
including such that have revealed some personal aspects  

I think you’ve revealed a lot about yourself, your past. What I don’t see is you relating, discussing, asking questions and so on. What I see (through my veil) is you pushing a certain message about NPA. What I perceive is an agenda to have your ideas discussed – not for you to express yourself and share things in a reciprocal way. Maybe you can’t do that? I don’t know. I’m looking for some ideas from you.

oh early on i think i was jumped on pretty heavy..
but a gang here

Were you jumped on and if so why, do you think? Is it possible you triggered someone? And if so, was what they said hurtful to you? Did you hurt? If so, why, how? It didn’t stop you posting. You didn’t appear to me to hurt. So unless you tell us, we won’t know will we?

I don’t think there’s a gang here. But I think there are ways of writing and expressing on boards like these which are taken as some sort of norm. Tricky I know when we’re talking psychology, but we’re human too and have the usual human emotions. Like fear.

What emotions have you experienced in connection with posting here, if any?

Looking forward to reading you.

idioREPLY2portia

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 04:43:04 PM »
i probably havent
given to many hi so and so here
so hi portia..

often my response is based
on when i think a person is grasping
conceptual subtleness
which i tend not to see as that hard
but due to a cultural bias
often many areas of cultural and/or spiritual subtleness
seems deadened..
the other aspects of response
is translating the higher conceptual realms
into some form for others :P
testing with uh not so subtle but  yet subtle humor :)

i think probably your reference to locked threads
is about some threads i was involved with...
which of course fascinates me in a way
as to his motivation etc :)

now as to me pushin npa...
it is perhaps the thing i have referred to most
but actually more metaphysics and spiritual matters..
which is an area that npa guy  anthony benis
seems to have locked himself off some from
thru some aspect of intellectual over drive
that prevents a better mind heart union :)

ah the gang here
that was in part tongue in check
..should i have said clique instead:)

hmm for emotions i have
in connection here :)
well for now a reference to a franz grillparzer poem
from 1842
that uses the first line as title
wieveil weisst du.......
i will go google fishin for it now:)

dang oh well later maybe

Portia

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 10:04:40 AM »
Hiya, not much time to reply right now but just to say I tried to find the poem but failed. If you find it, I'd like to read it please. My German is non-existent but there's always a babel-fish 8) Thanks in anticipation....p

JOE IDIO REPLY TO PORT...

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005, 03:58:01 PM »
UH HEY U  THATS RIGHT PORTIA:)
I THINK I MISSED YOUR FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD..
I GONNA READ THRU IT NOW AND MAYBE STICK IN SOME
COMMENTS IN CAPS

Quote from: Portia
Okay, just this one, maybe one more because really, it's not healthy, i know it's not healthy(shadow side emoticon), but I step in here knowing that…. I used to be scared you know? Not now, not here :D

So, rumblebumble idiotsyncratic savant <a smile>

UPON REVIEW OF SOME EMPOWERED ONES smile? Smile? What’s the smile for? Who are the empowered ones? What does empowered mean? Is this ‘us’ and ‘them’? Can you sense a little disagreement coming up…..? but I can’t resist, ahhhh Candyman (isn't the Candyman actually so attractive? like death and taxes?). EMPOWERED IN THIS INSTANCE
ARE NOT THE MEMBERS WHO CAN EDIT THEIR OWN THREADS..
BUT THE MUCKITY MUCKS OF COURSE:)
WHO DONT HAVE A CLUE AS TO US ANARCHISTS..
JUST KIDDIN ...
OH BY THE BY THE GERMAN POEM I FOUND
AND WILL PASTE AND MAYBE NOW OR LATER TRANSLATE
BUT IT HAS AS MAIN POINT ABOUT DIVINE LAW..

The etiology (spelling doesn’t matter does it?) of narcissism?

Okay: the etiology is interesting to me, a littleWELL THO THERE IS AN ETIOLOGY OF GREAT SIGNIFICANC FOR ALL THE SOURCE OF LIFE AND ETERNAL HAPPINES ..SAME FOR BOTH U KNOW :) , because I’m interested. But I’m interested in black holes too. And parallel universes. And eating tapas. Moose. Van Gogh. Shirley Manson. Alice Miller. Fireworks. Lightning. Negative ions.

Pick-picking the idea of narcissism to death is a pretty focussed and narrow objective. And to be frank, Frank (who’s Frank?) it’s……boring! Boring! We spend half our lives being manipulated by them and the other half….studying them? Oh eewwwww. Better things to do. :D
IN A SENSE NARCISSISTS MIGHT BE CONSIDERED THOSE WHO ARE
VERY MUCH UNDER THE SWAY OF WHAT IS BIBLICALLY CALLED THE WORLD...THO THEY MIGHT LIKE TO APPEAR ABOVE THIS WORLD..BUT ACTUALLY USE MOSTLY WORLDLY MANIPULATIVE TECHNIQUES EVEN WHEN CLAIMING TO BE BEYOND THAT ..YET THE KEY TO FULL REALIZATION OF HAPPINESS STILL BE METHINKS...TO BE IN THE WORLD BUT NOT OF THE WORLD :)
I visited NPA and I gave it a shot. I gave it 24 hours thinking about it in the back of my head. I looked at the forum members. I got some narcissistic (I tested balanced NPA remember?) semi-secret-society type thrill out of it. Then I felt better. Then I came back to a reality I find much more inclusive, helpful and human. And humane. Here! Sorry.
I STILL FEEL THAT THERE IS A LOT OF USEFUL ASPECTS
IN NPA .. ACTUALLY IT WAS PROBABLY IN A BETTER FORMAT
METAPHYSICALLY BY THE ORGINATOR  ..KAREN HORNEY...
THEN BENIS IS HIS WONDERFUL COMPULSIVE MALE FULL OF
.... ADDS SOME HELPFUL DETAILS IN PART BUT MESSES UP
THE HORNEY.....

The way we treat our children determines the people they become. If we give people the knowledge and tools to become more self-aware, if we give children knowledge of emotions, basic psychology and social (world) history, just maybe we can do a little better. But we're not doing badly anyway.

Investigating the causes of narcissism is important. But it’s not the main game, not to me.ONCE AGAIN ... THE KEY METHINKS TO THE GAMES IS TO BE IN THE WORLD BUT NOT OF IT :)  I know what it is now, I can recognise it and I can do a tiny bit in the real world to help those who may be at risk. Rather than navel-gazing and encouraging others to gaze at my navel with me. Oh that image is gross. Sorry.

I interpret this site as being for the voiceless and for emotional survival. It’s not just about narcissism and I'd lobby Dr Grossman (Hi Dr G) against going down that route if he chose to! HMMM I DONT KNOW HOW OPEN GROSSMAN MIGHT BE TO CONSIDERING THE CONNECTION OF NARCISSISM TO THE BIBLICAL CONCEPT OF WORLDLY.. GREEK BASE WORLD ..KOSMOS..It’s nothing to do with me but that doesn’t stop me having strong views on the subject.

Haha. I’m such a big-gob sometimes. Maybe I just threw a two and a six?
Daughter of Chance aka P

PS. The short answer is: I don't want the NPA site here and i vote against it. It has it's own site. That's enough. Don't be greedy.

ONE OTHER TYPOLOGY SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY I LIKE MORE THAN NPA IS ENNEAGRAM STUFF.. WONDER WHO CAN GUESS MY ENNEAGRAM TYPE..

OKAY HERE IS THE GERMAN POEM

Wie viel weißt du, o Mensch …

Wie viel weißt du, o Mensch, der Schöpfung König,
Der du, was sehbar siehst, was messbar misst,
Wie viel weißt du! Und wieder, ach, wie wenig,
Weil, was erscheint, doch nur ein Äußres ist.

Und steigst du in die Tiefe der Gedanken,
Wie findest du den Rückweg in die Welt?
Du armer König, dessen Reiche schwanken,
Der eine Krone trägt, allein kein Zepter hält.

Zu dem Gewölb von deinen strengen Schlüssen
Stellt sich der Schlußstein nun und nimmer ein,
Und die Empfindung, Flügel an den Füßen,
Entschwebt der Haft, und ruft hinfliegend: Nein!

Denn etwas ist, du magst’s wie weit entfernen,
Das dich umspinnt mit unsichtbarem Netz,
Das, wenn du liebst, du aufschaust zu den Sternen,
Dich unterwerfend dasteht: das Gesetz

Aus: Franz Grillparzer, Werke. Erster Band, München 1950.

USING SOME OF THE PHRASES FROM THIS POEM
MIGHT ONLY INDICATE 2 ONLINE GOOGLE LINKS THAT COME UP
GOOGLE WISE

NOW FOR MAYBE A TRANSLATION
IN CAPS AFTER EACH GERMAN LINE

THE ABOVE IS THE TITLE ..JUST TAKING FROM THE FIRST LINE
OF THE POEM

HOW MUCH DO U THINK U KNOW OH HUMAN KIND..
KIND OF CREATION..

U WHO CAN SEE THE VISIBLE AND MEASURE THE MEASURABLE
YES THAT IS A LOT U KNOW BUT THEN AGAIN SO VERY LITTLE
BECAUSE WHAT IS VISIBLE BE ONLY THE OUTER ASPECTS

AND WERE U 2 DESCEND TO THE DEPTH OF THOUGHT
HOW COULD U EVER FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO THE WORLD
O U POOR KIND WHOSE REALM IS SO UNSTABLE
U WHO HAVE A CROWN BUT HAVE NOT THE RULING PRINCIPLES

DESPITE ALL SUCH INTENSE  EFFORTS TO CONSTRUCT AN VAULTED ARCH AND COVER
U CAN NOT NOW OR EVER PLACE THE PERFECTING KEYSTONE
AND THE TRUE SENSITIVITIES OF LIFE.. THAT GIVE WINGS TO YOUR FEET
WILL AVOID SUCH GRASP AND CALL BACK AS IT LEAVES YOU..
IN SUCH A MANNER IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN

BECAUSE OF WHAT IS AN ETERNALLY PRESENT HOPE
NO MATTER HOW DISTANT IT MIGHT SEEM
WHICH SURROUNS YOU WITH ITS INVISIBLE SUPPORTING NET
WHICH WHEN U LEARN REAL LOVE AND LOOK UP TO THE HEAVENS
YOU WILL THEN SEE IT AS IT IS CASTE DOWN ETERNALLY..
DIVINE LAW./

WELL  AN JUICED UP TRANSLATION :)

OH MY MY HOUR BOUT UP THIS SESSION ON LIB PUTER

Aus: Franz Grillparzer, Werke. Erster Band, München 1950.

Portia

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 07:42:56 PM »
Dear Joe, Cosmic, it's late 12.42am says the clock and I'm away until Thursday from tomorrow, no time to consider now, but I will. I'm <touched emoticon> that you found the poem and posted it and I will need time to reflect...ingest. My first post - well - my fears! And something else perhaps. Where are you? In the world, on the earth.

We're here for such a short time. Make the most of it, with what our consciences allow. Or what we change them to allow :D  excellent. See you next week Joe. and thanks ..best, P

POEMcorrectio&what no

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 11:50:50 AM »
SOO PORTIA IN LAST POST SAID...
We're here for such a short time. Make the most of it, with what our consciences allow. Or what we change them to allow  excellent. See you next week Joe. and thanks ..best, P
 SO UNDER THE WHAT NOT PART OF THIS POST
AHHH SPACE AND TIME ..OF THE FINITE REALM THAT
WAS CREATED METHINKS BY THE ETERNAL INFINITE REALM
..ONE PURPOSE FOR ITS CREATION... MAYBE THE MAIN ONE...
....ONLY ONE?
TO STEP DOWN THE ENERGY SO AS TO PROVIDE
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR REDEMPTION OF REBELLIOUS SOULS...
AND IN THIS SHORT TIME TO COME TO SEE THRU TIME
THE ONENESS OF ALL TIME
AND THRU THE VASTNESS OF SPACE
TO FIND HUMILITY
AND THUS TO
TRANSCEND FINITE TIME AND SPACE AND RETURN
TO THE ETERNAL INFINITE REALM
BY BEING VERY DEFINITE ABOUT LIMITING SELF
IN TERMS OF ATTITUDE AND DESIRES
TO THOSE CONSISTENT WITH THE CREATOR'S WILL
...SOMEONE SAID HIS NAME IS LARRY:)
NOW ONCE AGAIN IN TERMS OF NARCISSIST
THOSE BENT ON GAINING RECOGNITION OF THE WORLD
THRU SELF IMAGE
BY WAYS OF.... WELL U ALL KNOW THAT TO SOME DEGREE :)
METHINKS IN EARLIER POSTS THERE ME SOME STUFF ON THAT
OR DO A SEARCH OF FORUM WITH KOSMOS

OOPS CORRECTION TO TYPO OR OS

THE ABOVE IS THE TITLE ..JUST TAKING FROM THE FIRST LINE
OF THE POEM

HOW MUCH DO U THINK U KNOW OH HUMAN KIND..
KIND OF CREATION..
  KING NOT KIND  :)<~~~ONLY CORRECTION FOR NOW :)

U WHO CAN SEE THE VISIBLE AND MEASURE THE MEASURABLE
YES THAT IS A LOT U KNOW BUT THEN AGAIN SO VERY LITTLE
BECAUSE WHAT IS VISIBLE BE ONLY THE OUTER ASPECTS

AND WERE U 2 DESCEND TO THE DEPTH OF THOUGHT
HOW COULD U EVER FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO THE WORLD
O U POOR KIND WHOSE REALM IS SO UNSTABLE
U WHO HAVE A CROWN BUT HAVE NOT THE RULING PRINCIPLES

DESPITE ALL SUCH INTENSE EFFORTS TO CONSTRUCT AN VAULTED ARCH AND COVER
U CAN NOT NOW OR EVER PLACE THE PERFECTING KEYSTONE
AND THE TRUE SENSITIVITIES OF LIFE.. THAT GIVE WINGS TO YOUR FEET
WILL AVOID SUCH GRASP AND CALL BACK AS IT LEAVES YOU..
IN SUCH A MANNER IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN
R
BECAUSE OF WHAT IS AN ETERNALLY PRESENT HOPE
NO MATTER HOW DISTANT IT MIGHT SEEM
WHICH SURROUNS YOU WITH ITS INVISIBLE SUPPORTING NET
WHICH WHEN U LEARN REAL LOVE AND LOOK UP TO THE HEAVENS
YOU WILL THEN SEE IT AS IT IS CASTE DOWN ETERNALLY..
 DIVINE LAW
[/u][/i]