Author Topic: The Lake House  (Read 11816 times)

lighter

Re: The Lake House
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2024, 01:43:50 PM »
It's raining cats and dogs and I just got back in the house from a Vet appt... roads full of water and hydroplaning is real.

I'm so not gonna drive down the mountain in this downpour, esp since there were white patches of hail in the yard when I woke up at 7am. 

I will go to Habitat for Humanity, Lowes and Home Depot and hope the weather clears up so I can meet the contractor there.

I really hate cold rain. 

Lighter

lighter

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2024, 11:31:25 AM »
My sister is packing in 3 of the large smokeless firepits this month.  Stainless.
 Our cousin picked them up at a great price....now we just have to get them here from her home, out of State.

It brings me pleasure to plan out firepit sites. 

I put a small one at my brother's little cottage and on the covered back porch at the lake. 

This is distraction from likely possibility of ditching Airbnb and hiring Evolve for US property and setting up others for Cottage. 

Right now I feel I could set up 100 new sites .... I'm so ticked at Airbnb. 

I also have the feeling this one necessary step leads to many unexpected places I wouldn't have found, so....managing to stay above the anger....sort of observing it without needing anything to be different than it is....is something I'm noticing.  It's new.

We put LVP in the 2 downstairs bathrooms....plucked them right out of the 80s, it did.

I have the drapes completed in 5 of the 6Bedrooms, which feels amazing.  Moved a drapery rod to the ceiling last week, rather than hemming panels.  104" long..... glorious floral out of the Biltmore  I could roll in and eat with a spoon.

I have 2 dk Brown coats of poly to finish distressed upstairs master bath vanity and one vanity downstairs I've distressed but have to stain.

All trim is completed, but for the laundry room.  I want to move  the w/d, patch the brick paver floor and add a bunk bed above old w/d space, but that plan might have to wait a while.  Some things have to be done sooner.....still thinking about it.

The alarm and cameras are in....maybe the fancy keyless entry  doorknobs. 

Master shower ceiling and sink replacement are figured out.  Just have to put my hands on and make it so.

I think that, pressure washing the dock and hooking up lights will about do it.

::shaking head::.

There's more....always more....outdoor shower, routering the large bar island top and finishing all bar counters and front.

One of the contractors is picking up 5 large furniture items this month, so that's a relief.

There's my lake update.  The crown moulding on cabinets looks SO Good!

sKePTiKal

« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2024, 09:22:26 AM »
In fine art, there's an axiom about "knowing when to stop" before an image gets too busy. Maybe less is more in the house?
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.

lighter

« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2024, 09:29:32 AM »
It's a funny thing ....
feeling like I'm vibrating on the edge of a blade I've been walking on, mindlessly, but now SO focused on....
and ready to fall, step off or get yanked to one side or the other.

When.
To.
Stop.

Exactly!

Hopalong

« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2024, 04:57:07 PM »
Pick "step off", because that involves a choice.

How's the balance for you these days, Lighter?

Lighter's life and Lighter's real estate projects.
Feeling okay about it all?

You sound good, but also maybe ... running in place?

hugs
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

lighter

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2024, 05:09:13 PM »
The two ceilings left to paint.... got painted.  CHECK.

The headboards and room layouts were finalized in bedrooms..... headboards put in place.  CHECK.

Ugly closet light removed in middle of bedroom ceiling. CHECK. 

New dryer installed.  CHECK.

Firepits ready for guests.  CHECK.

Bird and wasp nests knocked down on porches.  CHECK.

Upstairs closets getting holes repaired/painted in preparation to receive towers so hanging rods can be installed. CHECK.

New alarm installed and working. CHECK.

I think the electrician or the alarm guy cut the power to the upstairs HVAC thermostat.  The weather's been amazing so it's not at the top of priority list, however.  Not sure who can trace and fix that problem.  The dock has no power, so that has to be sorted, as well.  Need to carry power washer there and clean off pollen and chairs. 

New lights for exterior have to be installed.  Will paint existing garage sconces if I can't figure out new ones soon. 

Huge mirror needs to be installed in downstairs hallway.

Much larger than huge mirror needs to be secured in down LR.  Would like to install a game machine or two in front of it, but that's icing. 

I still have to shorten some draperies and fashion a beautiful topper over a bed out of bed rails.... corners need to be mitred and maybe I'll figure that out myself.  Maybe the bored musical instrument maker neighbor will help us out with that AND a comfortable ladder/stair on the bunk bed.  I plan to visit his wife in Florida soon...... she seems so happy to be ruling over 2 hospitals and putting together her little cottage.  I bet it's lovely. 

The plan to move the wire shelves OUT of kitchen (served as handy pantry for a while) will move into basement mechanical room to hold extra bedding and Christmas, etc.  Will move the rolling kitchen island INTO the space where the wire shelving was, making kitchen seem much larger.  Cart can be rolled into or around the kitchen for task work.  Soon to be checked off the list!!

Lighter