Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 33487 times)

Phyll

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2021, 01:37:24 PM »
I love sweet potato fries and you are the 2nd person in 2 days to mention them!  A friend told me she wanted to purchase an "air fryer" to make them, but alas the shipping delays....

Hopalong

« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »
Enjoy those fries, Phyl.

I may take a break for a beat until folks turn up again.
I wrestle with silences, which are likely a healthy ebb and flow.
(My old stuff.)

So I'll pause and check in later on.

Hang in there,
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

Hopalong

« Reply #677 on: December 21, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »
I subscribe to the NYTimes coronavirus tracker for my metro area, which says:
The average number of new cases in the ... metro area was 66 yesterday, about the same as the day before. Since January of last year, at least 1 in 10 people who live in the ... metro area have been infected, and at least 1 in 756 people have died.

I read everything daily and omicron is going to hit like a hammer in the next two months. Every single scientific source and then some says: PUT YOUR GUARD BACK UP to where it was when the "original" virus began the pandemic.

Vaxxes of course, booster essential
Expect breakthrough infections even if vaxxed if you're not suuuuper cautious.
Masks (N95s) and back to the handwashing and disenfecting, since omicron is so extremely more contagious.
If you get a case, don't blow off the idea as guaranteed to be "mild" -- that's not certain.

My biggest motivation: long covid.

I feel prepared but am wierded out by my neighbor and friend who decided to have a jolly party tonight, inviting everybody she knows. She's lackadaisical about masks even though she reads the Times. So I don't argue but I stayed home. About six cars I can see parked nearby, so she's persuaded about 12-15 people, I guess, to attend. (I was grateful to be invited over Tgiving evening, but sat with her BF's son with no idea whether he was vaxxed or not, and nobody was at a 6' distance.) Not doing that again.

hugs and hang in,
Hops
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."